Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took one of my friends out to learn how to ride...what a gratifiying feeling to teach them how to start....stop...and turn in a circle
especially when she's a girl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Poppin a Virgin's Cherry (wolf44)

I know how you feel! This is Jessica, just four months after I taught her how to ride on my TTR-125...

And she's getting better all the time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Poppin a Virgin's Cherry (AZ Scott)

Hey AZ....
When does she get a crack at your R7??? Worried about her being faster on it then you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Poppin a Virgin's Cherry (E-Man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E-Man »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey AZ....
When does she get a crack at your R7??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

When Norick Abe wins the MotoGP title.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E-Man »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Worried about her being faster on it then you?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Poppin a Virgin's Cherry (AZ Scott)

Ahhh, you're only saying that as he's racing WSBK, now.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

alright- I don't want to get slapped by the people that be thinkin' that they be the powers that be,

Everyone seems pleased to learn how to ride, but I will say that Women seem exceptionally appreciative to have someone teach them how to ride a bike. I suppose that being such a male dominated concept for so many years it seems to be a form of acceptance for some girls to have someone help them get up on two wheels and be one of the boys.
The women that I have taught how to ride have been very enthusiastic about it.

Wolf - that is a great platform to teach with, but is the parking lot wet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Poppin a Virgin's Cherry (Duc)

The parking lot has two sections in it one that is the normal parking lot for the local college and at the bottom is where they teach MSF courses. The top part had salt on it from when it snowed last week the bottom part was dry and had no salt on it. I wouldn't have let her do it if it would have been wet or unsafe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wolf44 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I wouldn't have let her do it if it would have been wet or unsafe
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? Girls have to learn how to crash too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Poppin a Virgin's Cherry (E-Man)

I taught my wife to ride 26 years ago. Then I bought her a bike and brought it home unknown to her. I came in the door and flipped her the key. She looked at the key (it hand the HONDA logo on it.) and ran to the front door to see a XLR 250, set up for the street with 18" wheels front and rear, street rubber and clubman bars with rearsets.

It was parked against the curb at a 45 degree angle to the street. She kicked it over, put it in gear and promptly pulled the front wheel up. As she headed for the parked car, all I could think of, was why I hadn't put the bike in the middle of the street, but before that thought could even process in my mind, she had turned the bike in the direction of the street without ever putting the front end down, you know, trials style. She then put the front end down, caught second and carried the front all the way to redline. I went in and had a beer. Sue came home about 20 minutes later smilling from ear to ear. When I asked her about her first 200 feet on the bike, she did remark how the bike was kinda peppy compared to the '75 Honda 400F

Two years later, she could carry 5 gear wheelies on the bike. I wish I could do that, but it was something to see.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts