Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe no one has started a poll on this yet. Maybe it's because the answer is obvious. But maybe I'm wrong.

Let your opinion be heard and reply. No fence sitters on this one, pick 1 of the 2.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Poll: Rossi vs Gibernau Last Lap (DC Duc)

Rossi won, that is all that matters. He did run it wide into Gibernau, but it was obviously not on purpose and like Val said "that's racing". It will definetly give Gibernau motivation to really go after Rossi now. We are in for a good season of hard racing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I beg to differ that "it was obviously not on purpose." The only one that knows for sure is Rossi, and he'll never say anything other than 'it's racing.'

I don't think Gibernau should get the win, but the pass, to me at least, was blatantly unsportsmanlike and reckless. I doubt the legions of Rossi asskissers would sit idly by if someone ran him off the track in such a fashion.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (erik996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erik996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I doubt the legions of Rossi asskissers would sit idly by if someone ran him off the track in such a fashion.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a moot point, because Rossi would never be so stupid as to leave the door wide open like that - for the second time in three laps, no less!

And if you watch the video again, Rossi did not push Sete wide. Sete turned into Rossi. Good pass, game over. Thanks for playing.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whatever. Pucker up. BTW, I did watch the video again....and again....and again, just like everyone else. I like both racers and could care less which one wins. I still see a dirty pass. You don't. Bring on the next race and lets see if Gibernau can get his head straight.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (erik996)

since its in every other thread too...

sete left it open, rossi beat him to it.

its not rossi's fault sete has to hit him like that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (MaliciousBraham)

After watching it many times over (thanks tivo) I have the opinion that they should both be dq'ed and denied the points for dangerous behavior. Those aren't toys they're on, and people get killed. It reminded me of Aaron's Yates move at Daytona last season.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: (Nero)

Nice angle on the vidio there. It does look like Sete turned into Val. Gibernau will no doubt pout, but Rossi is right and Rossi RULES!

BTW anyone hear Biagi complaining again about his bike? What a crybaby!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nero »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have the opinion that they should both be dq'ed and denied the points for dangerous behavior. Those aren't toys they're on, and people get killed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the funniest comment I've seen yet! Good one!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't think it matters whether or not rossi should have been in that spot, sete knew he was there and still turned into him anyway. he refused to take the outside line and give up the lead. when it happened, it looked like it was rossi's fault, but after watching several times i think sete could've avoided the contact if he wanted.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

When I watched the race on NascarTV yesterday I was roaring when it happened. It was some hardcore racing right down to the finish and we all new it was coming as we watched the race wind down. Now, NascarTV only showed one angle from the outside and did a poor job at that. I used my Tivo and kept rewinding to play back and in all honesty, although I loved it, I thought Rossi overcooked the corner. I actually felt bad for Gibernau until I saw him sniveling like a mistreated stepchild in the news conference. But wait, then MaliciousBraham posts the MotoGP overhead video of the altercation and it looks totally different to me now. It looks like Rossi schooled Gibernau and took the inside line. Either way, it made for a great race finish. Its gonna be a good season.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (onealpha)

I voted that is was a fair pass. I voted 86 times. Just taking the inside line...

Seriously, that overhead shot is a much better perspective.

Aaron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nero »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

After watching it many times over (thanks tivo) I have the opinion that they should both be dq'ed and denied the points for dangerous behavior. Those aren't toys they're on, and people get killed. It reminded me of Aaron's Yates move at Daytona last season.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh, yeah.

This isn't even close to what that redneck Yates pulled last year.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaliciousBraham »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">since its in every other thread too...

sete left it open, rossi beat him to it.

its not rossi's fault sete has to hit him like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a great shoot of the race and shows Rossi held his line and Sete came down on him.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MaliciousBraham »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...but it solves the discussion in my book
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. I was pissed at Rossi when I saw the front view shown during the race, but seeing this... guess I was wrong.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: (Mental998)

It looked a bit like a motocross pass to me, and if you remember, he did the same thing to Hayden earlier in the race. I, too, didn't care which one wins, it was exciting either way. Did anyone notice the little bit of whining Sete had during the press conf after about how he hopes his shoulder is okay to go next week? Gimme a break. Or how the two wouldn't even look at each other sitting right next to each other? Funny as hell to me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: (Mental998)

Some of you must be biased, hardcore Rossi fans. Look at Rossi's line. If Gibernau was not there, Rossi would have run wide again, and in any event, Gibernau had a better line which would have taken him out of there turn faster. What that quick snippet of video doesn't really show is that Rossi was BEHIND Gibernau. The two made contact not because Gibernau cut Rossi off (gimme a break), but because Rossi jammed himself into there going into the turn way too hot and out of control.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: (No. 467)

Rossi would have run a little wide, but Gibernau tried to saw him off from the outside. Sorry Charlie, better luck next time. Ain't racing fun?!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (No. 467)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by No. 467 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some of you must be biased, hardcore Rossi fans. Look at Rossi's line. If Gibernau was not there, Rossi would have run wide again, and in any event, Gibernau had a better line which would have taken him out of there turn faster. What that quick snippet of video doesn't really show is that Rossi was BEHIND Gibernau. The two made contact not because Gibernau cut Rossi off (gimme a break), but because Rossi jammed himself into there going into the turn way too hot and out of control. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the best wording I've seen of the event. Sete was set up in that line well before Rossi poked his nose in there. He was still behind Sete when they hit. The lead rider always has the right of way. And Rossi still went wide after the contact. If they don't make contact Rossi winds up in the gravel. I'm curious though, If Sete would have done the same to Rossi. How many people would be pissed at him?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts