Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im signing up for either saturday the 27th or sunday the 28th. Are any of you guys planning on attending either day? it would help me make my mind up about which day to go. I do have to take that ART basic class so i might sign up for sunday as well to get 2 full days out of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Pocono Track Day Aug. 27th or 28th (tutzo51)

yeah, Tutzo...

i'll be there on August 28th..... the ART class (in reality) runs till about 1pm, then you have lunch (1-hour) then they cut you lose, with your WHITE class sticker.

you get to run pretty much on your own for the rest of the day. coaches are still out with you, but you'll run with the white class till 6pm.... it's a good time, and educational as well.

look for me Sunday...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pocono Track Day Aug. 27th or 28th (Rigor)

I want to go but don't have a ride up there!
Anyone have extra room in their trailer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rigor- are you still running in the white group?

im trying to schedule both days so on sunday ill probably be there the whole day running around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be there on the 27th definitely with my rc. Might do the 28th too, and it may be with my f4i.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (tutzo51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tutzo51 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rigor- are you still running in the white group? </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah, but on that day, i'm petitioning to move into the RED group. i was going to on June 30th, but i just wanted a little more track time under my belt before moving into a faster class of riders. i'm getting tired of putting through the corners behind slower riders now, so it's time to move on....

i'll ride my first session in the white, then ask to go out with a coach and be evaluated to move up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Rigor)

cool. i just signed up for both the 27th for the ART basic and the 28th.... for all day fun. ill see you guys out there.

i was also reading about the coolant swap...... will the tech inspect that???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (tutzo51)

coolant removal not needed for ART basic, white or red groups. Blue group only.

Modified by Rigor at 12:38 PM 7/28/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Rigor)

BUMP.... Just wondering who is attending. if anyone at all besides myself. weather looks good for saturday and should hold for sunday. might be foggy in the mornings though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill be there saturday... in white to start, hopefully moving up to red though by the end of the day

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (twins are better)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twins are better »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ill be there saturday... in white to start, hopefully moving up to red though by the end of the day</TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too. I'll be in a yellow/black F4i.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how did everyone like that weather? lol

I felt really good during the dry sessions. Firts wet session didnt go fast at all. But the wet afternoon sessions I felt pretty comfortable. One of the coaches said I'm ready for the red group, but said he wanted to ride with me again. Didnt get a chance to, since i told him i wanted to take it easy during the wet sessions.

I had so much fun riding. First track day in the rain, and I had a blast! Honestly wouldnt mind doing it again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (GoodKnight)

I was there Saturday for Try The Track. I got lucky because the track was relatively dry when we went. Still was a blast. I am signing up for the ART school as we speak.

I got "hooked" before I even got on the track!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1liter.. i think i was pitted 3 spots to down from you close to the tech tent on saturday.

what a shitty weekend. i was amazed at how much you can learn while riding in the rain. im glad i had ART school on saturday while it was still dry for the most part.

Rigor and I were there on Sunday as well. It was raining the whole time. T5 coming out of the back straight had a 4 foot long puddle from the apex. guys started crashing all over the place but from what Rigor told me, the crashes on sunday were nothing compared to what he has seen at the east course. They called it a no go after lunch. I was still ready to go out. The rain really makes you ride smooth.

i just signed up for October 8th and 9th at the east course again and will keep my fingers crossed for nice weather until then.

·
Registered
254 Posts
well well well

I like the new forum.. very fancy schmansy.....

Rigor, whats going on man? If i get stuck in the rain again im going to get a set of wheels for rain tires.

I signed up for the 8th and 9th. Are you going?? :D

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
yep....i'm going october 8th. got my water legs now, mang..............

i was really bummed about the cutting the day short Sunday, but hey, safety first and that seems to be what TPM is all about.

now to find extra rims............... :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts