Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HERE ARE SOME PICS.

and 1 in the rain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
what ya think of pocono...di ya ride east or FUSA?
hows the left hand side of your tires? i always hated riding east, but since it was only 2 hrs away from LI...and i was a track day junkie... i had to.
FUSA was a lot of fun though
great pics by the way:rockon

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was the east course. its only about an hour and a half drive for me. i have to find a track with all rights to match the left sides now. i was hitting the bus stop with some speed and really got that turn down (at my level) so the right side was pretty torn as well.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
looks like you got in some fairly dry laps. I was there riding the West course last Friday, got rained out after lunch. Some guys rode, many had rain tires like Rigor.
I got to the po int where I was too wet and cold to enjoy it any longer.
Heading back tomorrow for the North course. Looking forward to it. Only rode there a few laps earlier this year in the rain as well. North is a smooth layout.

Ken

·
RC51-less Member
6,675 Posts
yeah....glad i got to do 9 sessions on friday, since we got the bone-job saturday, with the rain-out.

as much as i love riding on those rain tires, i'm beginnin to hate drying out my gear after every track day. i'm begining to think I'M the one bringing all the phuckin rain..........

Hve fun on the north course, Ken. hopefully it's a little dryer for you, but it's not looking good. We've had almost a week straight of rain......and they want friday too. the webbing between my toes is starting to hinder my shoes fitting properly....:woot:

Love that TLR too......badass sounds........:rockon

·
Registered
594 Posts
so how was the west course? wanted to go but they were sold out. north is pretty good too. the banking is fun but in wet weather it makes you think twice about going too fast. something about a concrete wall being the first thing that will stop foreward momentum.:wacky have fun

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Pocono West

I happened to like the layout of the West course. It took some getting used to, where to speed up, and where to slow down. Overall I did like it and I enjoyed it's flow.
I would definitely like to give it another try in better weather and make a more informed decision.
I also hope Pocono did not take on too much water, hoping that I can do the same as last week and get a half day out of my money tomorrow. I rode the North once, liked it a great deal even though it was under similar circumstances, WET.
Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts