Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
LiveStrong
223 Posts
Great News

Not because I want to see Ducati win...but because Bayliss is one of the top 10 racers in the world and his participation only increases the level of competition in WSB. It would be a real treat to see him race again in top form.

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
"I quit too early," Bayliss said last night. "I'm pissed off because I stopped one championship short of Fogarty and I'm seven wins down on him." :rockon

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
The Michael Schumacher comeback comes to mind when I read this. Results will be the same. At least he waited for Spies to pass through because he would've had ZERO for him.;)

He's probably coming back to get in Toseland's way. If JT strung together a bunch of quality finishes, he would set himself up to eclipse Bayliss's career achievements with ALOT of racing left in his life.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Maybe Bayliss will push Ducati to homologate the D16RR...

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
The Michael Schumacher comeback comes to mind when I read this. Results will be the same. At least he waited for Spies to pass through because he would've had ZERO for him.;)

He's probably coming back to get in Toseland's way. If JT strung together a bunch of quality finishes, he would set himself up to eclipse Bayliss's career achievements with ALOT of racing left in his life.
Nah the MS comeback is suffering from many factors besides his age and a Bayliss return to WSC would have a more advantageous situation. MS is not in the Ferrari and team he had his best success with even though RB is with him - Ducati will welcome Bayliss back with open arms. F1 doesn't have passing. WSC does. Bayliss - Spies would have been impressive but my money would have been on Bayliss. Haga did enough stuff to lose last season that Bayliss would never have done.

·
12,576 Posts
Haga did enough stuff to lose last season that Bayliss would never have done.
Bayliss did EVERYTHING to lose his last season, but there was just NO ONE in the series to capitalize on it. I believe he wadded both races at Miller in 2008 and he was dancing around bikes right in front of us at the beginning of the s/f line straight. His last season was without a Ben Spies type of talent to put pressure on him.

·
2,737 Posts
I tend to agree with Turbo.
To preserve his dignity, at this point I could see him being the 10 10ths development rider for the factory. Maybe 1-2 races per year should someone get hurt or just for the helluv it.

·
Once bitten twice shy...
1,980 Posts
The only way I want to see Bayliss return would be on a another make of motorcycle. Right now he's riding on the coat tails of Fogarty. I can win but its gotta be on a Ducati (with every advantage written into the rules).
And I like Bayliss. I think he's a real stand up dude, has real talent, is modest and humble. If he'd won titles on any other make i'd be even more inclined to be a bigger fan.
Toseland winning on the Honda may be a bigger deal than anyone realizes, because at the time he won, it (Honda) was not the best bike on the grid, nor the fastest.
Personally I'm in no hurry to see a Duc at the front anytime soon... Aprilia, BMW, and Yamaha are creating a great product and have been at it all of 2 years...

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Jamie,

Your Bayliss predictions have made you look foolish in the past.... Keep it up as I predict history will repeat itself!

Matthew
Bayliss did EVERYTHING to lose his last season, but there was just NO ONE in the series to capitalize on it. I believe he wadded both races at Miller in 2008 and he was dancing around bikes right in front of us at the beginning of the s/f line straight. His last season was without a Ben Spies type of talent to put pressure on him.

·
Nice Member
1,669 Posts
I'm not sure that this move is good for his legacy. :twocents

...but I'd love to see him racing though. ...and it'd be interesting to see how he does without Tardozzi in his corner.
Agree. Id almost say its a bad idea. Kinda like that comeback tour with your favorite band, however now they kinda suck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
As much as I'd love to see him back and riding the wheels off his Duc, I don't think he is the answer to the team's problems. It's not like Nori forgot how to go fast! I'm still thinking tardozzi's departure had a very big effect on the team

·
12,576 Posts
Jamie,

Your Bayliss predictions have made you look foolish in the past.... Keep it up as I predict history will repeat itself!

Matthew
Let me guess, he'll win on the best funded team on the grid? Yawn......! Win on two or three different brands like Toseland will have done by the end of his career and THAT'LL be impressive.:rockon Troy had his time but it's long passed.;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Suprised how much shit talking is going on about Bayliss, guy can plain ride a motorcycle.
Comparing him to Toseland, seriously?

Bayliss on any bike on the grid of WSBK will result in wins!
Kinda like talking shit of Rossi on a GP bike, we can all say he has the best of everything & Burgess, but in the end he has to ride the damn bike.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Suprised how much shit talking is going on about Bayliss, guy can plain ride a motorcycle.
Comparing him to Toseland, seriously?

Bayliss on any bike on the grid of WSBK will result in wins!
Kinda like talking shit of Rossi on a GP bike, we can all say he has the best of everything & Burgess, but in the end he has to ride the damn bike.
Yup. No idea why anyone is thinking he is past him prime.

·
Registered
409 Posts

Moron. He would've beat Spies too. Haga just sucks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.