Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just took my rc with the powers to the canyons and i noticed a huge difference between them and the sportechs. i dont know if its just me or thats the charcteristics of the tire but i noticed that the tires did not want to dive into the corners as easily as the sportechs did. i was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the powers arent the "diving kind" of tyre.

thanks

Modified by RVT4LIFE at 1:44 AM 6/19/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just had some powers put on the other day and for the most part, just rode home on them. i think they want to "dive" into the corners alot more the the 208s that came on the bike thats for sure. then again, i only have a few miles on them. anyway, thats my 2 cents

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After riding around on the Pilot Power for about 1000 miles, I noticed that while they have boat loads of side grip, they seem to require a bit more effort at turn in than the Pirelli Diablo Corsa. I like 'em!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RVT4Life - did you adjust the ride height of the front and rear suspension to compensate for the size difference between your old tires and the Michelins?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Pilot Powers (RVT4LIFE)

I ran sportec's all of last year and I'm on my second set of Pilot Powers this year. I noticed a huge difference between the Pilots and Sprortecs. The Pilots fall into corners when I had to push the Sportecs. I LOVE THE PILOT POWERS!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (guru_lou)

no i have not changed the suspention at all i think that its just pyschosymatic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that you'll find that the Michelin rear is smaller and the front is larger than your Sportec, which would have given you the symptoms that you experienced. Try raising the rear 3mm and dropping the front 6mm. That should bring you back in line, but I would strongly advise you not take my word for those numbers and figure them out for yourself.

Modified by guru_lou at 4:49 AM 6/20/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (guru_lou)

what were the tire pressures at? michelin guy at brainerd recommends 31 front 29 rear for track duty/ hard street riding
last year's pilots were recommended at 28psi on the rear... 31-32 front

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just went to California Speedway last weekend and the Michelin guy there recommended 37 psi front and 38 psi rear. Was this guy high? I have always run like low 30s on the original tires and it is what I was running all day before I was over there talking to him. He told me I was too low. I didn't seem to be having any problems. Any ideas? These tires are great BTW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.