Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the skinny on the recommended pressures for these tires

Front:__

Rear:__

Old S2 M2 combo was 30 front 28 rear PSI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Pilot Power RACE pressure's (BALLS)

I went through the same dilemma, having run S2/M2 front/rear.

As mentioned in a previous post, the Michelin rep at my last track day told me to run 31/32 front and 23/24 rear! Those pressures were for Power Race MS front and rear. I about had a heart attack.

I ended up running 31/24, and the tires were perfect. It was hot that day (about 90 degrees ambient temp), and the tires (once I got them scrubbed in) stuck like glue. Wear at the end of the day with 100 hard track miles was the best I've ever seen on any tires I've ever run.

I don't know if it was me...but the tires did seem to squirm during my first 15 minute session, when I was scrubbing them in (they had 0 miles before they hit the track). After that... WOW!

Modified by 998R at 4:12 AM 6/28/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Pilot Power RACE pressure's (998R)

Thanks 99R that is exactly the info I needed.

23~24 man that seems low it might spin on the rim when that 750 hooks up

I am used to the squirm on new Michelins. They always seems a bit slick (even with warmers on them) new for a lap or two. I'll be taking the 1st session easy since one: I don't want to get run-off from the place to early on
two: I have not been on a track in a year
So I'll go play nice on the playground,,,at 1st.

I have the mediums front and rear. So MS must be medium/soft? I hope Barber does not shred the front one to quickly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Pilot Power RACE pressure's (BALLS)

Yes...MS = medium soft!

Good luck. You might not be Rossi...but you should certainly feel like him with those tires!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.