Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aways just ran 30/30 on Pilot Sports. Would it be best with something different on PP's?

What kind of differences will I notice going from Sports to Powers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you want to ride on the with some good rubber, scrap the Pilot Powers and get some Power Race! Start with 31 front 24 rear and adjust from there. I had great results at Road Atlanta running 13/22 in 88* temps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Pilot Power pressure for track use? (JamesP)

I ran 31/24 on Power Races this past weekend. Front looked great after 110 track miles rear looked a bit shredded on the right side but still okay considering I am still on stock suspension

The tires are very good!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Pilot Power pressure for track use? (BALLS)

So, even though we're talking about standard PP (not Power Race), it appears that I should figure on a rear pressure significantly lower than I'm used to with the sports? 22 or 24 is much lower than I ever ran the Sports, so I'll be interested to see how that works.

Thanks for the input, guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Pilot Power pressure for track use? (JamesP)

I would not run 24 on the sports. I think 28 rear is what is recommended but don't quote me on that. I have never ran the sports but I had friends this past weekend running them and I think it was 28~30 rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pilot Power (not Power Race) are very, very capable tires and excellent for track days.

I was on an R6 and turning cosistant 1:39's and 1:40's with zero drama. These tires last forever as well. It's not uncommon to get 6+ even 8 track days out of a set if your a smooth rider.

Front at Mid-Ohio this weekend on our R6 was 32.5 cold and rear 32 cold.

DO NOT RUN PILOT POWERS BELOW 30 PSI EVER! They are not designed to be run below under this. For street use go 34 rear and 35 front.

BTW - Power Race are 22-24 rear and front is 31-33 cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts