Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
I ride an RC51, saw a new SuperHawk at a local dealership and was thinking of one for another track day bike. I would rather the SuperHawk than the Suzuki SV1000.
Can some of you guys post some pics of bikes that are modified for track use? Interested in seeing some of the mods and how the bike looks in track form.

thanks
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
put the RC on the track and ride the superhawk on the street. The stock suspension and geometery arent suited for the track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's true the VTR takes some work to make it really track-worthy. But for a street/trackday bike for a non-racer, I can't think of a bike I'd rather have. It is lighter, with better midrange power than the RC51. The limitation of my bike, in its current configuration is probably about 12 seconds per lap faster than I go now. I consider myself a strong "B-group" rider. I run 2:14s at Thunderhill. Bob Hayashida was turning 2:04s with a mostly stock bike (stock engine, with suspension mods). After the development work I've done, my bike is fast enough to piss off several people who used to be faster than me
. I think Bob was closer to 2:00 with his full-race VTR. He went 1:58.5 or so with his full-race, very highly developed RC51. He keeps talking me out of getting an RC51, because the VTR is so much better as a streetbike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (rc996)

Now I think that is a good looking VTR! I happy that its summer so I can make mine pretty :)!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Pictures of tricked out SuperHawks? (NYCSTRIPES)

Yes, RC51 front end.
Engine is a full Stage 1 build, with pistons, cams, OS valves, ported and decked heads, lightened flywheel and HRC ignition.
In track form, I have a Sharkskinz upper and Multitech(?) lower. Still in paint.
It took me about three years for the full development (cost constraints).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (rc996)

Very nice looking bike, reminds me of going to see the super twins races at Road Atlanta when they raced SuperHawks and TL-S Suzuki's. Nice work, just what I was looking to see.
thanks or posting
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Pictures of tricked out SuperHawks? (Steve365)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Steve365 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rc996 who makes that exhaust?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is a Moriwaki Zero Racing Stage 1 full Ti system.
Expensive, hard to get, but worth it. Beautiful craftsmanship and an awesome sound!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got confirmation for Thunderhill Raceway in beautiful Willows, CA for a day of go-fast fun, next Friday!

Anybody else going? It's a PTT day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Pictures of tricked out SuperHawks? (rc996)

Can I make a suggestion?

Throw a 900RR (Five spoke) wheel on there. Bolts up and will match your front.

If you watch ebay this can be a plus $$ or for sure a break even mod. I got a 900RR wheel for $51...

Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Pictures of tricked out SuperHawks? (jaymoto)

That's a good suggestion and I'm sure it would look great. But to be honest I am friggin' sick of working on it and the weather is finally great. I'm going to ride it as is, at least for a while...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts