Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my SM510R today from Heinen's Husqvarna.

The certificate of origin says for off road use only. Paul Heinen, the owner of Heinen's, got out his label maker and slapped "Made in Italy" over that part. Will the DMV notice?

Got the bike home and unloaded the bike from my rusty truck. The Husky mirror wasn't ordered, so a Yamaha BW200 (225?) on the showroom floor donated one of its mirrors to the cause.

The bike didn't have its lights mounted and I shot a picture of goodies I've got to bolt on.

Unfortunately one of the mechanics mixed up two of the light kits and I'm missing half the stuff I need to mount the lights (not real happy about that 'cause the dealer is 40 miles away on the other side of the city) so I went for a spin around the neighborhood. Two neighbors knew what this bike was and so I stopped and chatted. Upon parking it back in the garage, I was informed that another neighbor, 5 blocks away from where I was running around called and complained about the noise. Huh? This Husky is downright quiet and I'm being easy on a fresh engine.

Anyway, I've half a mind to do rolling burnouts on an open-piped stroked shovelhead over there to provide them a reference so they know what noise is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (Eric Landstrom)

Awesome man, post the pics after you have installed the lights. Who makes a stator and a regulator rectifier?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (Naya the Dingo)

Congrats man!

Keep us updated on your progress with the lights/title/asshole neighbor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got my SM510R today from Heinen's Husqvarna.

The certificate of origin says for off road use only. Paul Heinen, the owner of Heinen's, got out his label maker and slapped "Made in Italy" over that part. Will the DMV notice?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is disappointing. I thought the Euro manufacturers didn't put that info on the MSO. Maybe the govt is getting smarter.

Does your dealer know that you are posting incriminating evidence of him on the net?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (Red)

I'll try. My L4 and L5 are fused and my back guy wants to fuse my L3. The bottomline is that landing hard would put me on a couch for a week. That said, I'll try stockholm.

Incriminating? That's how Husky office told Paul to do it. My understanding is the MSOs are offered by the manufacturer and they are telling the dealers to sort it. But to answer your question, yes, I told Paul I was going to share with the supermoto guys because it is funny.

Dave, bike wise I got the rest of my lighting kit today and right now I'm trying my hand at fabbing a dash for my Veypor digital meter (I couldn't deal with the stock pedel bike speedo). Mounted my hour meter today too.

BTW, today I noticed that Paul has his SM510 parked out front of the shop. You could swing by and take it for a test ride in his cop-free area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It's a bit of a hike for me to get to Osseo. I live in Lakeville and work in Bloomington. I'd like to get a closer look at some point.

I'd go check it out tomorrow but I'm planning on running my 250f around in an empty parking lot somewhere for a bit. I just installed some new cams and they recommend some break-in time.

Track day in Iowa next Saturday!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (Dave)

Well Dave, I live in Bloomington. You're free to come over. I'll be putting around in the garage anyway...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

awsome looking bit of kit colour looks good better than yellow althogh i contradict myself coz my ccm is yellow.
nice bike pal but dont let anyone ride it my mate let a bloke have a blast on his 610 and he fetched it back in a plastic bag

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (ccm)

Too late. I just got the bike back together and let a neighbor take it for a spin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The `04 Huskys had a clean MSO (not stating off-road use only). They changed it for `05. -Really stupid when you stop to think about it. They are both 4 strokes. Both bikes are far more earth friendly than 99.9% of the `80's vintage Dodge Caravans that are left on the road. I get aggravated every time I see a cage out there blowing blue smoke all over the place - but we are somehow the bad guys for wanting to register a 4-stroke motorcycle...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (sparky)

Nice bike. Tell Paully I said "nice picture" of him as well...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (sparky)

From what I hear, the '05 SM450Rs are good to go. It's just the 510s that have a problem. Who knew? Worse case, if the "Made in Italy" thing doesn't fly and inspections don't fly (I've got an old BMW horn laying around), I'll sell the bike to a buddy in Fargo for $1.00 he'll get a plate and sell it back to me for $1.00 (although I suspect I'll end up paying a beer tab from Micky's in Moorhead too if it comes to that).

See Paul's left hand? Grusome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
See Paul's left hand? Grusome. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That tough guy was snowmobiling again less than 24 hours after his surgery. He showed us the x-rays when we stopped in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Picked up the Husky today (Dave)

I didn't get to see X-rays just the scar.

BTW, I talked to Paul today and learned the "Made in Italy" thing worked!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yeah. The hand is lovely. Despite the fact that it is still swollen (and seeping ooze) Paully still managed a couple of rolling burnouts on his "demo" 510 at First Thursday last week. Well done Paully, and rock on!

The best part was the story of how his wife truly didn't believe him that he really hurt himself. I think she thought he was just "putting her on" in order to stay out of town riding for a while longer. The truth was that he was really scheduled for surgery!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts