Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say? I love this bike. At first I was a little intimidated about riding the most expensive bike I ever owned, I mean it wasn't the bike it was what would I tell the wife if I crashed it with only 50 miles on it.

Anyways after a couple of turns I just said if it is meant to be it will have to happen and put my will in gods hand and hit the throttle. After about 300 miles I can tell you I am very pleased with the 999, very stable, great power and a machine you start to feel as one with the longer you ride it I definitely made the right choice.

I would also like to thank Pro Italia, what more can I say? They are the best dealer I have ever worked with and would recommend anybody that wants to but a Ducati to go their and talk to the staff, they definitely know about Ducati's.

Here are a couple of pics of my new 2006 998S, let the mods begin.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (El_Toro)

you got yourself a real looker there. i only wish that ducati would use that swingarm on the S4.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (oneducs)

She's a beauty.......

What's her name?????

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Picked up my new 06 999S yesterday, rode it today. (bullduc0022)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bullduc0022 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here are a couple of pics of my new 2006 998S...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Beautiful bike, & nice camera too. Congrats.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

From the looks of it you haven't setup the suspension yet, I'd definitely recommend Section 8's stage 2 here: http://www.section8superbike.c...n.php

If you don't feel confident in changing anything you could print out that page and let Pro Italia handle it.

Good luck with the bike, I recently got a 2005 999s Mono in black about a month ago.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Picked up my new 06 999S yesterday, rode it today. (Ronin178)

Congrats.

These bikes really are growing on me; especially the black w/ white tail sectioned mono 999s'

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Picked up my new 06 999S yesterday, rode it today. (Ronin178)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ronin178 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">From the looks of it you haven't setup the suspension yet, I'd definitely recommend Section 8's stage 2 here: http://www.section8superbike.c...n.php

If you don't feel confident in changing anything you could print out that page and let Pro Italia handle it.

Good luck with the bike, I recently got a 2005 999s Mono in black about a month ago.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are absolutely right Ronin178, I do need to start setting up the suspension it felt very stiff today. Thanks for the URL, looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Is that a chunk of your license plate frame already taken out?

When I got my 998 Bostrom, the OEM carbon fiber fender/license holder piece was really flimsy. On my first ride on it, I went through a dip in the road and my tire made contact with the fender and shattered it!

They replaced it under warranty, and the new piece was much stiffer. Haven't had a problem with it since...

Nice bike, bullduc...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Picked up my new 06 999S yesterday, rode it today. (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that a chunk of your license plate frame already taken out?

When I got my 998 Bostrom, the OEM carbon fiber fender/license holder piece was really flimsy. On my first ride on it, I went through a dip in the road and my tire made contact with the fender and shattered it!

They replaced it under warranty, and the new piece was much stiffer. Haven't had a problem with it since...

Nice bike, bullduc...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the license plate frame was cut to get around the OEM license plate bracket. I installed a license plate bracket that deletes the large OEM metal one.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bullduc0022 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here are a couple of pics of my new 2006 998S, let the mods begin.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
you mean, 999S... is that some kind of freudian slip? hehehe. great bike!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

You thought anything about AM pipes yet?

I just picked up an 06 749S last week. Can't say enough about it except it has over 500 miles on it already.

Only issues I want to address are a better sounding exhaust and what to do about heat under the seat when poking around town.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bullduc0022 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> At first I was a little intimidated about riding . . .

( uh sure, tell the TRUTH, Bull! )

Anyways after a couple of turns . . .

( in reality it was more like "after i left the DRIVEWAY" ! )

I definitely made the right choice.
( YUP! )

let the mods begin . . . ( i'll bring over my OA cutting torch!
)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

. . . 1 more thing about B-Dog, he's a real nice guy!

( i have to say that 'cuz he about 240 lbs of muscles! )

thanks for the ride & putting up with a slow, broken old man . . .

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Picked up my new 06 999S yesterday, rode it today. (lbm00n)

By the way, does the 06 come w/ a Termi exhaust too?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats! I'm jealous of the changes they've made since I got my '03 & '04. I really like the red frame, black subframe, radial brakes, more HP, black exhaust cover & much better swingarm. All for the same dinero $$$! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts