Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dave (left) and Greg (right) chew the fat with somebody who wanted to know more about supermoto.

Here's a photo of my Sanford and Son PU and bike. Check out the gleam on my new loading ramp!

I don't really have any more photos because it was 40°F this morning with a 20mph wind and I was trying to keep my hands warm for bike riding.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Photos from DCTC May 15th (Eric Landstrom)

Everyone looks like they're freezing. Was this SM only or was it a regular track day?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Photos from DCTC May 15th (MNwilly)

It was pretty chilly this morning. It was an open "track day." Greg's moment of glory was passing an R1 and Dave's and my moment was when Dave and I both tried to squeeze past a sportbike on the inside heading into a bus-stop. Dave put his bike way sideways, overshot the turn-in, but somehow stayed on the track. I think it was fair to say that the guy we passed was either freaked or thought us both morons.

A buddy of mine emailed me a photo. Greg and I have hustled down the front straight and I've just out-braked Greg on the inside and am heading into turn 1.

Modified by Eric Landstrom at 6:56 PM 5/15/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it was fair to say that the guy we passed was either freaked or thought us both morons.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Both, most likely.

Although, we did both get past him, and that's all that counts.

Eric, you looked a little surprised about a half lap later when you looked over shoulder and saw me behind you. I'm guessing that you must have thought I would still be back a ways pulling weeds out of my bike.

FWIW, I didn't think I was gonna hook up in time to make that turn either.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Photos from DCTC May 15th (Dave)

As I turned in, I saw that you had kept on the track but just. I looked back to see where you were because I thought there'd be another 100 ft or so between us while you got back up to the pace. That Yamaha of yours is quick!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eric Landstrom »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As I turned in, I saw that you had kept on the track but just. I looked back to see where you were because I thought there'd be another 100 ft or so between us while you got back up to the pace. That Yamaha of yours is quick!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Having a pizza pan sized rear sprocket helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts