Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one of you help me with a color test on a 2004 RC51?

I am interested in taking black rims and doing 1 or 2 ways of painting them.... I'm thinking either painting the OD of the rim only in White and leaving the spokes & hub black... or leaving the OD black and painting the spokes & hub in White!...?

What do you guys/gals think?

TIA

Peace Jeff

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOlid color wheels MAYBE with a wheel tape stripe but thats just me. You have white wheels now so either a black wheel tape or a maybe a Red? Ya Red would look good on those things.:rockon

Nope!... NO Tape.... I think tape or rims is:p

OH, okay... I've got White rims and I'm wondering what she'd look like with black spokes.... OR leave the spoke WHITE and black out the OD only.. ;)

·
1,061 Posts
Here's one I just did for the hell of it (I'm a web developer and a graphic designer):

I may do the reverse later. I can switch the white color pretty easily. I did one in red before the white and I thought that looked pretty sweet.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Doughnut Spaghetti... I LOL everytime I read your call sign.:)

Thanks man.... Looking forward to the other way around now.. Post up as soon as You can please!.;) :rockon

Hey Jami..
Yes sir,.. I am talking about my> BSTs<.. I don't like them ALL black, so I'm trying to figure out how, I am going to paint them.;) I know
you think I'm nutz for that :wacky BUT... It's been long enough and as Beautiful as the CF is... I don't like black rims... and I know if push
comes to shove... with color choice, They Will be ALL WHITE before I leave them like this another yr.:banghead

·
1,061 Posts
White insides. The D.Spaghetti edition:

I personally like the outside rims white so that's my vote.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Painting BST wheels has GOT to be one of the worst ideas I've EVER seen on this site! Have you checked with them to ensure painting them won't have any effect on the structural integrity of the wheels/materials?:confused:

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Painting BST wheels has GOT to be one of the worst ideas I've EVER seen on this site! Have you checked with them to ensure painting them won't have any effect on the structural integrity of the wheels/materials?:confused:

:rolleyes: I Didn't buy them for the looks.. And yes, to your question about checking with them, as I had planned on painting them from the very beginning, It's just a question of how much gets painted and where... You do know that CF gets painted all the time,.. right?

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Doughnut Spaghetti,

Now that I'm home looking at the pictures... The white looks more silver to me... Yes/No?

Also, the only areas I'm interested in seeing the color change is the Spokes in WHITE.. or Black.. Can you tweak it alittle so the rest of the rim where the valve stem area is... not just the OD outside face, is black or WHITE as well?

TIA

·
1,061 Posts
Hey Doughnut Spaghetti,

Now that I'm home looking at the pictures... The white looks more silver to me... Yes/No?

Also, the only areas I'm interested in seeing the color change is the Spokes in WHITE.. or Black.. Can you tweak it alittle so the rest of the rim where the valve stem area is... not just the OD outside face, is black or WHITE as well?

TIA
Haha! I guess it does a bit. Looks pretty good on my Mac, but the color on a pc is different.

The picture used is dark so there is some extra shadow on it. I'll try just the spokes if I get the time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stick with all white. Your old rims looked awesome. You could paint them with aluminum paint and then electroplate them chrome:D :D

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
I think both "new" ways look like crap. Stick with what you have...
:twocents

1 - 17 of 17 Posts