Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Peter Lenz - Peter passed away early this morning when he was apparently struck by another rider. He passed doing what he loved and had his go fast face on as he pulled onto the track. The world lost one of its brightest lights today. God Bless Peter and the other rider involved. #45 is on another road we can only hope to reach. Miss you kiddo. - Dad"

One of the most amazing kids around....very sad!

RIP, little guy.

Barry

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Damn, so damn young. Man I wasn't even thinking of motorcycles at that age. I feel terrible for the parents, no parent should go through this, but it's unbelievable how much this child will miss. I only take solace in the fact he is going to a better place. Godspeed.

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
The lost of Pete Lenz really shook up Colin... he retired the race in grief...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I remember first hearing about Peter Lenz two years ago with this YouTube clip. Amazing kid. R.I.P

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What a tragedy. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Rest in Peace, Pete. May God bless you and hold you close.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sad....very sad. We saw the news on the ride home and it was shocking to say the least. R.I.P.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
Just got back from Indy and heard this news. I am so shocked and saddened, as I was watching the Moriwaki warm up and heard that he went down but never got any impression that it was even serious. God Bless him and his family!

Matthew

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
It made national news (ABC radio) this morning. First fatality at IMS in many years.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Anybody notice that the AP ran a photo of the on-track medics performing CPR on the poor kid while he was on a backboard. Is it just me, or is that totally uncool?!?

I've never seen them run a picture of a dead kid on a hot football practice field... or after a terrible baseball accident... or a cheerleading fall...
:twocents

·
Registered
189 Posts
So, did anyone else notice that it took the ambulance forever to get there, maybe 8-10 minutes? WTF? aren't they ready for that kind of incident?

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
The real sad part of this is the media this morning went simply crazy over this. Indiana is looking at possibly charging the parent with child endangerment. The kid has a pro license by the time he was 11 acording to ESPN.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The real sad part of this is the media this morning went simply crazy over this.
Must be because it happened at THE Speedway? I never saw a mention of Toriano Wilson in the national media when he suffered the same fate at VIR.
Indiana is looking at possibly charging the parent with child endangerment.
Good luck with that, Indiana. The series is devoted to 12-18 year olds. Are they going to charge the parents of all the minors participating that day? What about the USGPRU staff and The Speedway itself?
:banghead

1 - 20 of 46 Posts