3,333 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
"More towing capacity"???????????

·
Year round hero!
282 Posts
A guy at work got a similar item for his car, to boost hp. Was total bs, as expected. He was sent a 10p resister to put in the wiring to the auto choke(cold start) for the fuel injection, so that the car basically ran with a bit more fuel in the mixture to get 'More Power'. Actually the car did seem a bit nipier, but it seems like a crap idea and cant be good for the engine surely.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well at least he got a resistor! I had a friend back in TX who swore that it worked! We opened the little box and it was empty except for the wire from one connector to the other! What a load of crap! Snake oil is all they are!!Don't waste your money on that sh!t!!!:wacky

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
VTWINGRIN said:
Well at least he got a resistor! I had a friend back in TX who swore that it worked! We opened the little box and it was empty except for the wire from one connector to the other! What a load of crap! Snake oil is all they are!!Don't waste your money on that sh!t!!!:wacky

Hey VTWINGRIN, careful there, think about it, what's the "soft rev. mod." consist of

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I Know!

Oh YEAH! I know it works! I've done this one myself along time ago!
I was just pointing out to TWINGRIN, that it's funny here it works FOR-SURE, so his buddies box was 1 wire, that's all we need to get this job done too, that's all.

Peace Jeff

CBR400RR said:
True but LDH, Dan Kyle and many others can and have proved that the soft rev mod really adds around 5 RWHP and at only $8.00 shipped how can you go wrong.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also have done the soft rev mod! I was refering to the so called chip!I don't know that I got more HP but it is nice not hitting the rev limiter so easily especially after going to the 15/41 gearing! If scott would have had those when I did mine I would have purchased one simply for the ease of installation! Not trying to step on toes just trying to get my point across that those ebay chips are BS! :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Not an electrician, but I've been 'tickled' enough by it to respect it. Just something I remembered from shop class in high school about amps doubling in parallel and voltage doubling in series...or vice/versa. Maybe I cant remember $hit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts