Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Even with lost strength and numbness he was still 5 fastest in test. I think he'll be ok; LCR, Pramac and Suzuki all need riders!!:woot:

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nerve damage was what ultimately ended the career of Russell and Doohan, IIRC. Fogarty also retired immediately after getting on the bike after his shoulder injury and realized he couldn't horse the Ducati around like he used to. Spencer retired the first time, and Schwantz did his only time, due to strength problems and pain in their wrists.

Dani's nerve injury might get better or might not, difficult to say. If it is a situation where he has the strength but only for a few laps it could be very difficult for him to remain competitive.

·
Voice of Reason
646 Posts
Pedrosa's career is in jeopardy from not winning the title despite having been given everything he wanted.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huh? Did you not happen to notice how badly the RC212 handled in a straight line at the beginning of last season?
If a guy like Edwards can have a dang near 10-year career in MotoGP, Pedrosa surely can as long as he is physically able to ride.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
If a guy like Edwards can have a dang near 10-year career in MotoGP, Pedrosa surely can as long as he is physically able to ride.
but, but, :confused: Edwards is at least entertaining. but you have to admit the 212v was designed for him rather than their incumbent champion. He is clearly deserved of his ride. he's fast there is no doubt and I even admire his technique, but he'll always be Pooge spooge in my eyes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The more time passes, the less I despise the Turd. He really has had some nutty crashes. I hope that he's healthy this year and gets to kick stoners arse:clapper
+1

I'm starting to like him more...he is a rough sonbitch for a small guy.

See him smiling more during interviews, joking with other riders.

I hope he comes back fit and strong...next year he'll be fighting another alien, Spies!

·
Voice of Reason
646 Posts
Huh? Did you not happen to notice how badly the RC212 handled in a straight line at the beginning of last season?
That's not so much the point.

HRC and Repsol were promised in 2006 that Dani would bring them the title. HRC built their 800 for him. They let the reining World Champion leave the team.

Five years later, Dani hasn't held up his end of the bargain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts