Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to upgrade the firmware on my pciii on my RC, but it says it cannot do it because I have too old of firmware on the thing. says I need the programmer or whatever to upgrade the firmware, can't be done over usb. anybody know where I can get one of these things, or my firmware upgraded, so I can change maps?

·
Registered
460 Posts
might need a new PCiii usb... seen them pretty cheap on FeeBay... wish they were that cheap when I bought mine!
...( which would be cheaper, new PC or progammer?)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh got ya, thanks. I would have to purchase a brand new one to avoid purchasing one with the old firmware.

but after I looked on ebay I see them used for $150+ (for other bikes??), and new for $300+. a programmer will be way cheaper than that, $300 is a lot for me and a lot for something I already have...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump!!
I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to program this thing. There are no PCIII usb's on ebay and I still need a programmer. Can anyone help me out in any way?
thanks everyone

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why do you want the newer firmware you can also change maps with the older version. If the PC is working fine? Don't fix it if it ain't broken !
But here are the instructions from the power commander website..

You must have a programmer (P/N PCPROG) to complete the following steps. This programmer is
included in some Ignition Modules or the HDREV kit. If you do not have a programmer, the programmer
can be purchased and will allow you to update your PCIII USB and Ignition Module. If you do not want to
purchase a programmer and cannot find a Tuning Center to update your PCIII USB, the Power

Commander can be sent to Dynojet to be updated. Please call 800-992-4993 for instructions.

Good luck !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great, I just emailed them hopefully I can send it in.

for some reason when I try to update to a new map, it says I must upgrade the firmware first. but when I go to try to update the firmware, it is so old that it needs the programmer thing. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
250 Posts
great, I just emailed them hopefully I can send it in.

for some reason when I try to update to a new map, it says I must upgrade the firmware first. but when I go to try to update the firmware, it is so old that it needs the programmer thing. thanks for your help.
Why do you want to update the firmware, is there a prob with the pc?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't want to upgrade it, the PCIII software forces me to update the FW before loading any maps because the new software can't interface with the old firmware I guess, and errors out. If I could avoid updating the FW and just load a new map, I would have done that already.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to continue from the other thread I stole:

Damn. Find out what model PCIII you have. It's a USB or R. I have a shitload of PCIII maps for airboxes I can share.
my model is an USB, but like in this thread I am unable to program it or update it. I have only been able to read the map on it. I think I am going to disconnect it and just send it out and ride (with hopefully more than 112whp) around town.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you're running an airbox, bike might run very lean. What did Dynojet say to you about this? I've had no issues with the couple i've used.
The bike is 100% stock except for the PCIII, yosh slip ons, and flapper mod. Is it worth emailing Dynojet the 112hp result? I mean the map is called "STOCK FILTER, ERION SLIP ONS, SP1 US" so I figured myself this is unusual. What about the fact that they dyno'd in 4th gear? The bike also runs very well from what I can tell.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they told me to send it in to them, find a local authorized dealer/tuner, or buy the programmer module. I am unable to locate a place to buy the programmer module for the PCIII USB, I didnt see it on the DJ site.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
If it feels like it's pulling well for you, it may be ok. 112 does sounds very low.. I don't know if 4th or 5th makes a difference, maybe someone else with experience can chime in there. Seems like the norm is around 118-125 with the occasional 130 or so. Guy could have a dyno that reads lower than what many people use.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^good point, it could be low reading. I had a local place program the firmware and update a map. I think it runs better so far from what I have noticed. heading to the 1/4 mile strip tonight to try it out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.