Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on a different forum, that all reservations for the Smart 1000LE Ducati have been sold, but some dealers may still have reservations that have not been spoken for. Does anyone know of an unsold Smart 1000LE in your area?

The closest dealer in my area, Corse Ducati in Saukville, WI, is sold out, with 10 people on their waiting list.

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Paul Smart 1000LE Availability? (redmhducati)

I've got to go to my dealer on Tuesday, I can ask if you like. It would be in Colorado. Let me know.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Paul Smart 1000LE Availability? (YellowDuc99)

I heard that dealers could preorder so some should be available.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Paul Smart 1000LE Availability? (foggy123)

We have 2 available of the 5 we ordered for the floor, 4 other PS's were pre ordered.. We would prefer to keep the bike close to home so I would encourage you to keep calling around as other dealers in your neck of the woods may have an open reservation spot open.. Try my friends at MCC in Villa Park, IL
Phone 1.630.782.2010

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave R, Thanks for the heads up. I'll check out Ducati's dealer locator website, and call 3 of 4 dealers in Illinois, the remaining dealer in Wisconsin, & dealers in Michigan.

Quick sidebar (or hijack my own thread
)...Few years ago, took my MH900e to an authorized Ducati dealer in Illinois for the 600 mile check-up, and the installation of a BatteryTender. This dealership telephones me a day later and tells me, "You know, your bike has TWO batteries! The only way a BatteryTender will even function at all is to have one hooked up to each battery." After a few phone calls back and forth to the service manager, and the service tech, I was finally able to explain to them how the batteries on the Mhe are connected, and convince them only one BatteryTender was needed. Also at this same dealership, I put $10,000 down for a deposit on a Fila 999R. This dealer maintained I was #32 on Ducati USA's list. Long story short, the dealer never placed my order for the Fila, and I eventually ended up receiving a formal apology from Ducati USA for the dealerships ineptness (Ducati even hinted this dealer would not be an authorized dealership much longer, but I notice they're still around). With all the time that passed, I felt very fortunate to get my deposit back. Ducati USA even went so far as to offer me the last available Fila that was marked for one of their executives, but at that point, I declined because I had such a bad taste in my mouth about the bike. I didn't feel that paying $30K for a bike should be such a negative experience. So, I won't be inquiring to this Illinois dealer on their availability of a Smart 1000LE.

YellowDuc99, I appreciate the offer, but let me check dealers in my region first. Based on Dave R.'s comments, the info I read on the other forum should be correct, and hopefully I can find one closer.

Dave R., if I can't find one locally, I just might have to make a road trip to lay down a deposit. I lived in Greenwood, & Kirkland for 5 years in the 90's, and I am well aware of the misinformation about all the "rain" in Seattle, especially this time of the year (One of the best kept secrets out there...Seattle's weather in the Summer
).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts