Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen a similar setup on a 900RR in a magazine back in the 90's. Also there was a guy in teh Aprilia Cup who had to have two peopel hold him on teh grid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: paraplegic? still wanna ride? (dj_wawa)

Have a R6 rider that does the crest from time to time...damn I just can't remember his name.

Good people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I attended a track day last year with a guy who had that set-up...it's pretty trick. He was pretty quick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I saw a guy with a Gold Wing that had a similar set up. Much respect for these folks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stewart Goddard (spelling/i think) he was racing and to avoid another rider crashed again re-breaking his back...not good for someone who already is para because healing process is really tough but I think he is doing well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: paraplegic? still wanna ride? (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How does he change gears?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure, I didn't get to check his whole set-up out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: paraplegic? still wanna ride? (Tifosi)

I've seen a guy at a track day Pacific Raceway/SIR with only a right arm on a 748. I'm assuming clutch, gas, and brakes all with one hand?!?! Pretty amazing, to see him lean on the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Tifosi, I saw a fellow who had a RC-51 equipped the same way at a NESBA track day at VIR a couple years ago. Might be the same guy. And yes, he was pretty fast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: paraplegic? still wanna ride? (AA 996)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AA 996 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Tifosi, I saw a fellow who had a RC-51 equipped the same way at a NESBA track day at VIR a couple years ago. Might be the same guy. And yes, he was pretty fast.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That might be him, I remember being extremely impressed with his riding...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Props to him..............but does he wear the helmet in the wheelchair and no helmet on the bike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: paraplegic? still wanna ride? (brettmess24)

A friend of mine is working on the same kind of set up--

Gonna velcro him to the bike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: paraplegic? still wanna ride? (AtomTan)

I met that guy at the Rogue Trackday at Barber. Cool guy, props to him

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's Bill Riviello that had the RC51 (has a GSXR now), I'm trying to get him to stop in here & give a what's up on the set-up

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LDH is right that was me (Bill Riviello) at the Rouge event, I?ve only missed the first one. I had an RC51 which I rode on the street and did tracks days with and I now have a GSXR600 that I only use for track days.
To make a long story short I was in a motorcycle accident on the street on 9/97 and broke my back which left me paralyzed. A year or so after my accident I read in Sport Rider magazine of a guy in CA. who rode a CBR900 (same bike I had my accident on) that was paralyzed. I emailed him and ended up buying his bike....that was Stewart Goddard. Since then I?ve sold the CBR and I had a local guy copy and improve what Stew had done on the CBR and that's about it.
The bike is fairly simple....I use a translogic push button electric shifter, no rear brake and never wished I had one, foot pads instead of pegs to Velcro my feet in place and the outrigger works with a toggle switch and an electric screw motor.
Thanks for taking interest and maybe I?ll see you at a VIR track day sometime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There was a guy here with a similar set-up on his R1. It had a hydraulic arm/wheel on the side of the bike, that could be deployed at the push of a button, everytime he came to a stop. Looked pretty neat!
Whatever happened to the guy who was racing 125's in Cali, paralyzed from the waist down? He was allowed to start from the last row with a friend holding the bike, is he still racing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No he got hurt in a race at Laguna a few years back when a rider fell in front of him and he couldn't advoid it. He's been back to normal and the last time i talked to him his parents were pushing him not to race so he was putting together a R6 for the street. (Stewart Goddard)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts