Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting it ready for the next couple of weekends. Trackday at CMP this coming Sunday, then next weekend at Road Atlanta.

I've had this bodywork since I got the RC a couple of years ago, and it's just been collecting dust in the garage. It looked like hammered shit and corn chips. Bought a couple of rattlecans of spray paint from Home Depot, some blue painters tape, and went to work. Here's the results...

I've been running an SP2 header/Yoshi mids/ MRGRN's cans. Don't wanna destroy them if I bin it, so I bolted my original SP1 header and MiG canisters back on. Also swapped to my cruchy flavored tank. Tomorrow I'll get my new rubber spooned on, even though these 2CT's are in decent shape. Got a new set of the same tires for CMP, and a set of 209 GP-A's for Road Atlanta (medium front and 2 soft rears)...

·
And Stateside again...
2,537 Posts
That looks good In pictures for rattle canning it. I am working on my race odywork soon and going to do the all read black wing combor like the euros had with yellow number plates front and rear.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Looks pretty damned good for rattle canned. The red looks like a good match, does it look as good in direct sunlight? That is usually the part that doesn't look right when people rattle can red and have the stock painted tank on there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks good man. Really good for spray can :clapper

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more with the lower on. Nah, it doesn't match in the sunlight very well. But it's just a $3.44 can of "Apple" red from HD. I figure from 100 ft away at 100 MPH it will look just fine. Thanks for the comments...

·
Shane RC51
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uh, I just noticed your quote in your sig.... :eek:

I like my bikes like I like my women...

Drained of fluids and in pieces in the garage....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Turned out good for cans, just buy a few more cans of clear enamel to make it shine. Believe me, it really brings out the colours and makes it so easy to clean.
:twocents

1 - 14 of 14 Posts