Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
i think a flat black looks sweet, the gloss black brings too much attention to an area that doesnt really need that much attention:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about black, but the motor flat black, and the wheels and sub-frame are gloss black. That is a lot of black, but it might look good.

The only problem with painting it the magnesium color is the fact that it isn't magnesium and I'd feel pretty lame with it.

I like the idea of keeping the swing arm the original color because it matches the lower triple. Maybe silly, but I'm weird like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why not try going to your local autobody paint supplier and colormatching it to a chip. Mix up a 1/2 pint of Chroma-base and add a flattening agent to the CC. I think Dupont has a satin clear coat now that is in their "hot hues" line. Rattle can stuff will wash away with strong cleaners...chain lube will kick the crap out of it too.

If you need more info email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sean said:
Why not try going to your local autobody paint supplier and colormatching it to a chip. Mix up a 1/2 pint of Chroma-base and add a flattening agent to the CC. I think Dupont has a satin clear coat now that is in their "hot hues" line. Rattle can stuff will wash away with strong cleaners...chain lube will kick the crap out of it too.

If you need more info email me at [email protected]
To add to what Sean said, all the manufacturers have clears that can be intermixed to give any gloss level desired.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
DesmoWorks said:
Thanks for the tips guys, I just bought one already painted from a board member. I'm still going to paint my current swinger, but maybe black to see if I like it.
Why does it have to be painted? ... just bead blast it, to clean it, and (if you want) clear it.

Surely Ducati did not paint them originally?
Pete

·
Registered
263 Posts
Isn't this an aluminum part? so paint it or don't. personal preference -- no need to bang your head so hard Desmoworks ;) besides, I *think* the SBK swingers were painted one color or another through the years .. mine certainly was.

-Ian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts