Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out to Putnam to do a NESBA event. Went well for the first 6 sessions, but had a little boo boo in the 7th session. Everything was going great, I was dragging knees, riding smooth, then wammo! low side! For those familiar with Putnam it was in turn 7. Actually exiting turn 7. Worst case was that the last lap of the session. Should have cooled down a tad. I was standing it back up and the rear just went away. Next thing I know I am looking at the Indiana blue sky. Speed was probably ~45mph. Best guesses where either A) tires went out (they were just stockers) B) throttle kicked it out C) god hates me.

Damage to me is minor, sore elbow and hip. Probably will hurt more tomorrow. Alpinestars suit did its job well, no holes. Amazingly the $600 Arai helmet has not a scratch. Probably will have it sent in to Arai to be checked anyway.

Sato sliders did their job. Thank god I put them on last winter. Bike damage is right Jardine pipe, rear break lever, clip broken in half, right sato slider, right turn signal, right mag engine cover. Probably more to discover tomorrow.

Still had a great time. Have a winter project now. Pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
macchiato said:
Did your helmet hit the deck?
Cuz I bumped my Arai in a door way and I had some nasty scratches to show for it.
I dont think it did cause I can't find a scratch on it. I am amazed. Truly the best news of the day.

·
Registered
615 Posts
refresh my memory, turn 7 is the bus stop correct? I had a buddy of mine high-side there a couple of years ago....you're nto the first to go down there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wolf44 said:
refresh my memory, turn 7 is the bus stop correct? I had a buddy of mine high-side there a couple of years ago....you're nto the first to go down there
It is a 90 degree plus right hander leading into dead bear curve. Easily the slowest corner on the course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That makes 3 NESBA events in a row where an RC51 has gone down. :clapper Sorry to hear about that, but I know how it feels.

I did a ride off slip-n-fall in the wet grass at Autobahn a while back, and a nice fast lowside in turn 3 at Blackhawk, last lap, last session. Lost the rear going in, it stayed out for the loooongest time on maintenance throttle, and when it finally came back, it just pushed the front out instantly. I was just inside the 1:19's the previous 2 laps, so no big mystery.

We're gonna get banned. :rockon ;)

Brian, what number are you running?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#151 was my number

There were 5 wrecks that I remember.

1. SV650 tipped over on a run off, no injures I believe
2. a GSX tank slapped after a run off, minor concussion and sprained ankle
3. a CBR ran off, never hear why or injures
4. my low side
5. unknown bike wreck in the last session of the day. I think the guy messed up his ankle bad. Never got to see the bike.

Ran into a delay in getting the photos. Hopefully tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts