Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I was riding home and on full throttle i felt like my bike "burped" on power.. about ten miles later, my gas light comes on, so as i was getting to a gas station it burped again but worse, almost like it was running out of gas. anyways i fill up and notice my bike's coolant overflow tank is overflowing and leaking. i ride home and no more burps. anyways, not sure if the burping in power had something to do with my overflow tank or just running on fumes?

so the next day i went to go ride it and the overflow tank was still pretty full. i rode it for ten minutes and no burping in power. i talked to my mechanic and he said i might have a blown head gasket? any info would help guys. thanks.

2000 Honda RC51

oh yeh, on a side note.. my power commander 2 says im running lean :wtf

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
It's a little difficult to come up with a diagnosis over the Internet so for what it's worth... ;)

Overflow tank. I had exactly the same problem: it was not a leak nor a blown head gasket. It was caused by a dodgy overflow tank cap. I replaced that and no more problems. Since it's a quick and easy check you may want to check that out.

"Burping" on power. This may have a million causes. You should ride the bike more to see if there's a pattern or it happens at random.

Blown head gasket. Does your bike smoke? Does it uses a lot of oil? Does it overheat all the time? Does your oil look "milky"? Do you have to keep adding coolant? If not you may sleep a little easier. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts