Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
I didn't know ahole 69 was even possible. Only in your world, I guess.

·
2,737 Posts
13 Chrysler Workers Caught Drinking on Their Lunch Break Are Fired

Monday, September 27, 2010

Thirteen plant workers at the Chrysler Jefferson North Assembly plant in Detroit have lost their jobs after a video showing some of them drinking during their lunch break was aired on the Detroit Fox affiliate.
"It has been determined that 13 employees engaged in behavior that violated the company's Standards of Conduct and these 13 employees were discharged today," the company said in a written statement, MyFoxDetroit.com reported. "Two remaining employees will receive a one month disciplinary layoff without pay."
An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit.com showed workers at the plant drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break just two months after President Obama praised the plant in a speech.
The TV station's investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- had outraged the auto giant's top executives, who called the behavior "totally unacceptable."
Chrysler had told MyFoxDetroit.com it was able to identify all 15 employees captured on video and suspended them all indefinitely without pay within 36 hours of learning about the investigation's findings. On Monday, it announced it had concluded its investigation and punished the 15 workers.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Of course they'd fire them. Union employees aren't untouchables, you know?

Around 20 years ago I worked in a winery and the boss would buy us a case of Heini's and a few pizzas because we worked all night during crush. No one ever got hurt, we had fun, and we did our jobs. No big deal. Those were the days. Threat of litigation spoils everything:banghead .

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
If it didn't make a big media splash they'd still be going to the park for their liquid and smokey lunches.
That would be another faililng of white collar leadership (leadership?). And they make how much?

But seriously, I think they'd be fired because of the liability issue of having drunks on the line. There is really no other option in todays world.

·
Meatball's Dad
2,752 Posts
Of course they'd fire them. Union employees aren't untouchables, you know?

Around 20 years ago I worked in a winery and the boss would buy us a case of Heini's and a few pizzas because we worked all night during crush. No one ever got hurt, we had fun, and we did our jobs. No big deal. Those were the days. Threat of litigation spoils everything:banghead .
Lawyers and Liberals...****ing up civilization since before Shakespeare

·
2,737 Posts
That would be another faililng of white collar leadership (leadership?). And they make how much?

But seriously, I think they'd be fired because of the liability issue of having drunks on the line. There is really no other option in todays world.
+1

And we know that the union would bail on their asses if they were injured on the job if a blood test was performed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.