Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pictures of the original CBR 900RR, preferably in the black/red/grey scheme. I am looking for the marketing type picture.. clean background.
Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (ICEMAN)

all I can find are owner pics.

Modified by clarkandgrilli at 2:53 PM 5/22/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I had one, same color scheme. Just a question, why the interest in such an old bike after it's been gone for so long? Restoring one? I only have a couple of pics. I'll look through what I have of mine.
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (NYCSTRIPES)

This is my bike... I am trying to make a T-shirt with both my bikes on it, so am looking for a clean picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Which do you like better for street? OK, and track too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (svmango)

To my absolute surprise there is a BIG difference in performance. Mind you the old 900rr is no slouch. I would have never complained had I not compared it to the 1000rr.

It is sooo much more stable into corners. Just revving the bikes in neutral, a hand full of gas on the 1000rr takes it all the way to 10000 RPM, while it takes quite a bit longer time to get it up to that RPM on the 900RR. In terms of speed I just abuse the 900RR to get it to go as fast as the 1000RR, but BRAKING is an ALL DIFFERENT STORY... to the point that it has scared me at high speed that the 900RR does not slow down as quickly.

It is cool, to see how well bikes have evolved so quicky...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ICEMAN »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is my bike... I am trying to make a T-shirt with both my bikes on it, so am looking for a clean picture.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, geez, if you have that bike, why don't you take a "clean" picture of it? Just hang a sheet from the wall as a backdrop...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (AZ Scott)

Mt thoughts exactly, take it to the park with nothing behind and shoot a fresh shot. This is one of the very few I have of my 93 900RR.

Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (AZ Scott)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZ Scott »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, geez, if you have that bike, why don't you take a "clean" picture of it? Just hang a sheet from the wall as a backdrop...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well yeah.. It would be a lot better picture taken by a Honda photographer of a new bike in 1993... if all else fails.. that is what I am going to do...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I know it's not a '93, but I snapped a shot this morning of an ultra rare European Racer version 900RR.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Man did I want that bike back in `93... I remember the Honda pamphlet showing riders bowing down to a gray/black CBR900RR displayed on a pedestal.

I bought my little FZR 600 back then because it had twin round headlights like the CBR.

I'd still love to have the `93 CBR900RR. And a 1998 Yamaha R1 in red/white. The only bike that got me all worked up like that was the 2000 RC51. And I finally got that one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (Dave)

what makes this CBR an Euro Racer?????? looks repainted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Original 93 CBR 900RR pictures anyone? (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Giannis »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what makes this CBR an Euro Racer??????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Got me. I thought it was funny so I took a pic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.