Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the SS is the wifes full time, I think I need to do something to the front end. It's an 800 so it has the cheap Marchezzzzy forks (or what ever they are) and have no adjustment capability at all...no pre-load, compression, or rebound. Believe it or not, at 180 (with gear) the front end was set up pretty good for me. Pre-load was spot on and the comp & rebound I dealt with cause I don't get the opportunity to push one that hard and honestly it just wasn't that bad. Used the full range of travel with no bottoming out or anything.

Now with her riding it, I noticed today... (after a 180 mile road trip...but that's another great story...What an AWESOME day!!) when riding beside her, the front forks barely compress, she's using hardly any of the available travel, and it looks like a pogo stick going down the road. I'm sure it's riding pretty high in the front on her to. She weighs 120 (with gear), so what are my options???

I saw in my parts catalog they have a thing that replaces the top of the fork that at least allows you to adjust pre-load. That alone would be huge but then I read somewhere it's only for the Showa non-adjustable forks and wont work on mine. Anyone know for sure on that one??

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
did you price those? i think you can find a set of fully adjustables for not much more than the preload adjusters that won't work on your forks. =)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't looked into it until I found out for sure if they would even work or be a good way to go. You also brought up a good point. I want something of good quality and want the job done right but not looking for Ohlins or anything. This is not a bike that's gonna be on the track or even dragging any parts around the canyons. Don't want to sink a fortune into it. I will admit though I don't know what I'm getting into or what to expect price wise. I have just started this endeavor and never messed with forks before.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's another question while I'm thinking of it...what does changing the weight of the oil accomplish? Also, would that even do her any good without changing springs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts