Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the Sato and the M4 Banzai mounts, what are my other choices if I want to get the highest mount pipes? My stock pipes have boot sole tar on them and I want the pipes outta the way. And right now I don't want to invest in rear sets. Thanks for any info....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (Rotten Randy)

Well first off Sato makes the Banzai mounts not M4, Second if you are looking for clearance A low mount pipe is a better choice NOT a high mount. Just run down to your local Starbucks and check it out for yourself tomorrow night.

Have a good day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (eppy01f4i)

So then are the Sato's Banzai mounts and the M4's high mounts any different in where they are mounted in approxamate height? If they are not (and the pictures I've seen rings this to be true) then wouldn't the word Banzai be a perfectly descriptive word to use universally as the highest mount available in aftermarket cans? Perhaps you can ponder this over your double mocha latte crapachino

I've got two rather large skid marks on my stock cans from where my boots have touched down on them from my first track day on the RC. So I'm thinkin' that if I had a system that is up and away from my boots and the pegs then I'd be better off

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I don't know anything about the other pipes, only the Sato Banzai mount pipes. They do come very close to the pegs. I wear SMX+ boots and have never melted my boots on the midpipe, but when I got the bike it had black marks all over the pipes on both sides. I've not ridden it on a track though so that may change things, but all in all, if you're talking about clearance from the peg to the midpipe, the banzai mount would probably not be a good choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (Josh D)

Hmm..So w/ the Banzai mounts the back of your boot would be hitting the pipe whereas with the low mounts your heel rests on top of the pipe?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Rearsets are going to be your best fix. I have the Sato Highs (Mid Mount) and my boots touch as well. I have found some great ways of cleaning it off the Ti surface though. The Sato rearsets are a quality adjustable piece. Certainly not a bad addition to the machine.

John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rotten Randy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If they are not (and the pictures I've seen rings this to be true) then wouldn't the word Banzai be a perfectly descriptive word to use universally as the highest mount available in aftermarket cans? Perhaps you can ponder this over your double mocha latte crapachino

</TD></TR></TABLE>

[ASSHOLE] Because calling pipes banzai's just because they're high mounts is like calling any 4 cylinder car a civic just because it has a 4 cylinder. [/ASSHOLE]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (Ninety8neonacr)

Forget the pipes and get some flip-flops like the rest of us did...
No more problems...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (Ninety8neonacr)

[LOSER] Then Banzai means nothing so Sato should call them super high mounts [LOSER]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

wow.....you're making friends quick, Randy...........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (Rigor)

You know what, message boards tend to have a few guys who try to claim ownership of it by hassling anyone who has less than a few hundred posts. I don't need to prove my worth to any of these guys as it's just a message board. It's not part of my identity like so many pathetic individuals here. I'm a very recent new owner of an '03 RC and I just want to get some info on good upgrades, that's all. But when some 5000 post *member* tries to give me grief over some questions that I have asked then they can suck my ass and I don't need or want them to respond to my questions. There are plenty of other people who choose to answer a person asking for it simply because they have a good answer to contribute, and for that I give thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rotten Randy »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[LOSER] Then Banzai means nothing so Sato should call them super high mounts [LOSER]
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or they could call them Banzais....

Sort of like all Cars arent called "CAR"
or all Trucks called "TRUCK"
or all motorcycles arent called "MOTORCYCLE"
or, oh well you get the point by now I hope.....

Try this...SATO is the BRAND.....BANZAI is the MODEL

It aint that big of a deal but you sure are making it one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: OK I gotta 'nuther question. Assholes need not reply.... (Rookie)

So if banzai is a model then why are they referred to as Banzai mounts and not banzai high mounts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think what you are looking for are high discharge headers, that come out on top of the gas tank instead of the bottom of the bike. I think they are made by squid supply. The really neat thing about these headers is you can mount yuor cans right to them. No need for mid-pipes to transition from the stock bottom of bike header to stock or aftermarket cans behind the riders feet.

Just did a quick search and the website for these headers is http://www.squidsupply.com/dumbshit.header

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well, I imagine Mr. Sato could name them whatever he wanted but my guess is this.

They were offered in Low and High mounts, then they came out with the Banzais. Im sure its a catchy name for marketing value here in the good old USA, and they didnt want to sound boring and call them "higher mounts" or "super high mounts" or anything other than Banzais.

At any rate, Im sure you dont question why the Corvette is called Corvette and not just Sports Car.....
Why is this Banzai thing rubbing you the wrong way? Thats SATOs thing, they have the Banzais, got there before anyone else used the name. Other companies call them high mounts, why do you want to redesignate everyone else product? Im sure they dont appreciate that

If you called someone and ordered M4 Banzais, they would probably ask what the hell you are talking about, or get told they dont make that model. Get over it, move on, youre just going to have to gert M4 high mounts and live with it. paint the word Banzai on them if it makes you feel better

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (jea958)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jea958 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think what you are looking for are high discharge headers, that come out on top of the gas tank instead of the bottom of the bike. I think they are made by squid supply. The really neat thing about these headers is you can mount yuor cans right to them. No need for mid-pipes to transition from the stock bottom of bike header to stock or aftermarket cans behind the riders feet.

Just did a quick search and the website for these headers is http://www.squidsupply.com/dumbshit.header</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go ahead and post a picture. Im not clicking that link for anything

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (jea958)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jea958 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just did a quick search and the website for these headers is http://www.squidsupply.com/dumbshit.header</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ummmm... I think your link is broken. Can you try and repost it? This is just the kind of exhaust I'm looking for

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Rookie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rookie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go ahead and post a picture. Im not clicking that link for anything</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't be sceered. It's a dead link. Oh hell, I'm an asshole and not supposed to post in this thread. Disregard....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (rc51999)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rc51999 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh hell, I'm an asshole and not supposed to post in this thread. Disregard....</TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 20 of 52 Posts