Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was riding my bike home in the torrential rain the other day when i noticed my oil warning light was starting to come on. It never went bright red, but was dimly lit. Got off the bike checked to see if the oil level was ok, this was fine. No oil coming out of anywhere. Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All the water prolly caused the connector to short a bit. No biggie. Let it dry and ride. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days, something is wrong or you might have to dry out the connectors yourself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep
Mine does the same in heavy rain, just check the badge to make sure its not a Duc then continue

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (mikele)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikele »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep
Mine does the same in heavy rain, just check the badge to make sure its not a Duc then continue

Mike</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (RC Cola)

Get your oil pressure check. My oil light did the same thing. I checked all the normal things, then took it to the dealer. I only had 600 miles on the bike at the time. After 3 weeks of bs from the dealer, they told me that the oil pump was faulty. It was making low pressure at 2k rpm and below causing the light to flicker. So after fighting them on the warranty, they replaced the pump. Just to be safe, I would get it checked!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (RC Cola)

Get your oil pressure check. My oil light did the same thing. I checked all the normal things, then took it to the dealer. I only had 600 miles on the bike at the time. After 3 weeks of bs from the dealer, they told me that the oil pump was faulty. It was making low pressure at 2k and below causing the light to flicker. So after fighting them on the warranty, they replaced the pump. Just to be safe, I would get it checked!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts