Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched around here and havent really found an good answer so I figured I would post up a question. I have a aftermarket oil cooler I need to momunt up with m front mounts. I am having a pretty hard time finding the correct fittings to do this. My main concern is the fitting from the engine block to the line.... what are you guys using there? Basicaly how is the line connected to the engine? thats kinda where im at right now... I found a place that will make the lines for me... .I just need to know what piece to use to attache the line the engine.

Attachments

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Not that it helps any, but dstewart told me that his were from kya racing, which I'm pretty sure, doesn't make them anymore (or anything else for the RC)

We will have the fittings to go on the stock location coming off the engine but they are not ready yet!
That is good to hear. I assume that they are being developed for your front mount setup.....

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey mabryusmc,

Of ALL the OIL Cooler line set-ups I've seen over the years HERE and else where... There is ONLY ONE Time, I have seen Oil lines like these... and it just so happens it is from a member Here on SpeedZilla and it was for his RC51!

He had the OEM Oil Cooler lines, the engine block connections mod'd so he did NOT have to drill and tap his engine! He had the OEM engine block fittings welded\brazed to work with "Earls" AN (those Sweet Red and Blue) Hose clamps, for the Stainless Steel Oil lines and the OEM connections! :clapper

I'll try a search tomorrow and you might try as well... as he DID post pictures of his project!

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Mike Furick just confirmed with me today that he is going to be able to modify the OEM oil cooler along with his own custom lines to be able to incorporate it into a front mount radiator set up.

Stunna

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
We will have the fittings to go on the stock location coming off the engine but they are not ready yet!
Glen, you guys rock. I will be looking forward to seeing them.

Mike Furick just confirmed with me today that he is going to be able to modify the OEM oil cooler along with his own custom lines to be able to incorporate it into a front mount radiator set up.

Stunna
Thanks Stunna, I am saving my pennies for one of Mike's kits.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i just tapped my engine to 1/2" npt and used 1/2" npt to 8 jic then used earls hose from there.

if you don't like this idea you can cut the fittings off your oem hoses and weld 8 jic reducer bushings onto them, then run earls hose from there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, appreciate the help as always! I have a couple dif options right now. Lookingg into smeone just making the lines for me and ption two... cutting and re-using the stock oil line that bolts to the engine. Ill let you guys know hw it turns out.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thanks guys, appreciate the help as always! I have a couple dif options right now. Lookingg into smeone just making the lines for me and ption two... cutting and re-using the stock oil line that bolts to the engine. Ill let you guys know hw it turns out.

Hey mabryusmc,
Here You go:... http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/rc...oil-lines.html?highlight=OEM+Oil+cooler+lines

check the picture in reply #6;) I think this IS what you're looking for...?

I Hope this Helps,

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man... so these are custom made from the original piece and a fitting welded? correct? I contacted Kevin (hes the one i bought my front mounts from) hes going to get back to me on making a set for me. This looks like it would be a little over my head....

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another quick question.... the fittings pictured in the photo above.... are they steel or alum? I thought I read somewhere they were alum so I purchased alum unions to weld together.... now im wondering if they are steel??

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Mike Furick welded my OEM fittings onto a set of new Aluminum pieces.:rockon

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats all i needed to hear:notworthy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts