Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike is an '03, has pair block offs installed.

I am under the impression that the PAIR system should not have oil in it, however my pair valve on the front leaks oil. I removed the blockoff plate and the opening in the valve cover was full of oil.

Does anyone have any ideas about what would cause this?

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
The bike is an '03, has pair block offs installed.

I am under the impression that the PAIR system should not have oil in it, however my pair valve on the front leaks oil. I removed the blockoff plate and the opening in the valve cover was full of oil.

Does anyone have any ideas about what would cause this?
If its leaking anything the plate was probably installed upsidedown.
When this happens the lower left corner does not get covered by blockoff plate and it will leak until you uninstall it, flip it over and reinstall.

Stunna

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
If its leaking anything the plate was probably installed upsidedown.
When this happens the lower left corner does not get covered by blockoff plate and it will leak until you uninstall it, flip it over and reinstall.

Stunna
+ 1, you may want to check and make sure the previous owner took the plate out with the screen that holds a small phillips screw (going from memory). Aside from that, there should be a rubber gasket making the seal. If not, your local high temp gasket sealer should work.

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
yeah, dont forget the high temp gasket sealer.... and dont start the engine for "x" amount of hours after install. (i forget how long but id say at least one day).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10-4. Thanks guys.

I just wanted to be sure the oil wasn't a sign of a leak to the exhaust port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts