Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my oil today and I normally have the dealership do it so I'm just wondering what oil is reccommended (viscosity and weight) and how many quarts my 900ss should take.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Oil Change Time (Nick D.)

read your owners manual.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I wish I would have thought of that. I don't have access to my owner's manual and in response to the little laughing face, I normally take it to the dealership because I normally don't have time. I have 2 jobs plus I'm working on a startup company. I guess I'll look somewhere more helpful.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Oil Change Time (seedyburner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seedyburner »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and in response to the little laughing face, I normally take it to the dealership because I normally don't have time. I have 2 jobs plus I'm working on a startup company. I guess I'll look somewhere more helpful.</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Do a search on oil, you may find what you're looking for there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick D. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Nick, Dude, you're harsh. At least seedy's up for changing the oil. Hopefully a little search will clue him in to your laughing face. Not personal Seedy...just a beat to death topic as I'm sure you'll find out.

Seedy - heavier weight in the SS (I use 20w50) and time depends on your level of skill. Takes me about 15-20 min. after the body work is off...depending if I've got a beer or not. If you ask organic/syn or any other questions you'll get about as many opinions as there are members on this board.

Modified by Kennedy at 11:58 AM 7/15/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Oil Change Time (Kennedy)

while we are on the subject of oil. has anyone ever used straight 60wt? i have a few qt of AMS in my garage that i was thinking about using.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Oil Change Time (calamari)

3 quarts of 15W50 full synthetic. Be sure to clean the wire screen also. (I hope it's OK that I just answered his question
)
Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts