Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're gonna have to drop quoting that ancient quote from Rossi when Yamaha were having chassis and power issues some years ago.....

Quote Rossi now (motogp.com, August 16 2010)....

“I think that here in Yamaha my work is finished,” said Rossi. “The situation within Yamaha has changed a lot since 2004. Now the M1 is maybe the best bike in MotoGP, Yamaha have great riders, so it looks like they don’t need me any more.”

The BEST bike? Surely he's dreaming?

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
You're gonna have to drop quoting that ancient quote from Rossi when Yamaha were having chassis and power issues some years ago.....

“I think that here in Yamaha my work is finished,” said Rossi. “The situation within Yamaha has changed a lot since 2004. Now the M1 is maybe the best bike in MotoGP, Yamaha have great riders, so it looks like they don’t need me any more.”

he certainly took that heap from the bottom to the top, top notch move by the GOAT:notworthy

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
You're scaring me Jaime. I think you have: Schadenfreude
What? When has he been under that much pressure? And then to fail when it was all on the line was epic!:clapper Can't appreciate all his wins without acknowledging his massive failures too (albeit only a few).;) It's too easy to just froth at the mouth and tell each other how dreamy he is but you can't bury your head and act like these things didn't happen.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

Well what does Valentino know about engine architecture really... :rolleyes:

·
12,576 Posts
You're like that jock that we all went to high school but none of us can stand because he keeps regurgitating the same old story about "that touchdown, back in..."
It wasn't a touchdown? He fumbled on 4th and 1 on the goalline? Dumbass!:clapper

·
Sharks in your mouth.
1,262 Posts
It wasn't a touchdown? He fumbled on 4th and 1 on the goalline? Dumbass!:clapper
As expected, you missed the point. I was drawing a parallel between the way you cling to that picture of Rossi crashing like Al Bundy clung to his high school glory. Hooray for yet another episode of Jami's Reading Incomprehension Show. :clapper <-- See what I did there, I did that for you, Champ.

·
12,576 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts

Best bike but not the best engine architecture...

Quote Rossi:

"I believe that at this moment and perhaps in the future," V4 "is the
best configuration. I do not know if it would give time us to make a
new motor in so just a short time, Yamaha must pawn the next year much
more, but I think that it would be possible to be done. It will be
necessary to see, because if wants that it follows with them they must
make an effort. But I trust them, we have a great relation and I speak
much with Furusawa, and to have direct thread with him is very
important so that our relation goes good that. They know that this
year they have failed and surely that the next one will do it better
".

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Ahh yes, they're totally unrelated, aren't they? :)
Rossi has never uttered one word that I4s are best engine configuration like he has for the V4...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Please don't tell me you expected the Master of Denial to actually admit the M1 is the best bike, and this largely thanks to its use of an I4 design and all the handling advantages it allows.... He has denied dozens upon dozens of engineering truths in the past, why should this be any different... let monodimensional Larry play all by himself (well with his croney Aushole, they deserve each other if for no other reason than priding themselves on owning one of the greatest duds ever designed by Honda or anyone).....

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Rossi's words in the OP seem lamenting , almost sad , like he's been disrespected and under-appreciated . I think he would have loved to have stayed with Yamaha .

·
lidzduc.blogspot.com
3,578 Posts
Rossi is the master at "mind games"! How anyone would take for fact anything he says is beyond me?:wacky

1 - 20 of 43 Posts