Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I always like when they put in Statistics gathered by Mira suggest that about 22% of all road accident fatalities involve bike riders
So the other 78% involve car drivers, doesnt sound to bad. Maybe they need to put down the % of accidents caused by drivers hitting motorcycles they didnt see instead because they were on the phone.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Why not cars too? :p
No, seriously, remember that everything that gets mandated by law is really pushed by the industry itself.
Legislators are not really that interested in bikes: it's too small of an industry to be of any real interest to them and costs involved in defining and implementing regulation changes are often superior to the projected benefits (see emissions). If they want to "get tough" the most cost-effective way is to pass tougher sanctions for, say, open exhausts. It will also attract more attention than regulation changes.
Honda has been lobbying for years to get some of their nefarious proposals through the EU approval machine. These include mandatory dual braking, "sealed" engines and, of course, stricter emission standards. The bureaucrats haven't been very interested, partly because they feel it's not worth the effort, partly because European manufacturers (KTM, Triumph, Ducati etc) oppose most if not all of them. Last year they stepped up their lobbying efforts and it seems like they will get most of their wishes.

Also remember the BBC mindset: in their book everything that's health and safety related is good and worth giving the maximum amount of attention. ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I like the way you always give 110% Doug... :D
just saw that, its early and just woke up. im just glad i spelled everything correctly. math is doing 2 things at the same time. 78%:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.