Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a helmet to replace my Shoei Multitec for everyday use.
My first and obvious choice would be Arai (either an RX7GP or a new Quantum) but I have been intrigued by OGK helmets. I really like the design and the fact that Simon sells them makes for an added bonus.
But before digging out my trusted pocket calculator and seeing how much would I save I have two questions for you.
First: fit. Arai have always fitted my head perfectly. Last week I borrowed my brother's RX7GP. He wear an L just like myself and fit was phenomenal, just as I expected. How different is OGK from Arai? Since I would be buying online fit is a major concern.
Second. There's no beating around this. The reason I want to change my Shoei is ventilation, or lack of to be more precise. The damn thing's a oven, as was the only other Shoei I've had (an Interceptor 2 I wrote off in a crash). I cannot even number the helmets I disposed of because they were too hot during Summer. I often have to wear my Arai track helmet and it's still the big daddy. I've read somewhere that OGK design their helmets to be worn in the torrid Japanese Summer... how well do they compare to Arai?
Any input is much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
OGK helmet

I have had two of them. I think that it is a GREAT helmet. Very aero dynamic, good fit, and good ventilation. Haven't had an Aria in many years, couldn't comment on the fit difference. I'm sure Simon could comment. I will more than likely buy another one next year. Faceshield comes off quickly and easily.:twocents

·
Registered
757 Posts
I really liked my FF4 I had a few years ago. The liner was as quality as the Arai Quantum/f I had before it. The OGK definitely moved air thought it. And it was very good aerodynamically. I can't speak about the FF5.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input everybody. :notworthy
Looks like I'll have to dig out my calculator after all... :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been looking at OGK for awhile. Tried one on once and liked it lot. Where can you order these in the US? Link?
Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ogk

Been looking at OGK for awhile. Tried one on once and liked it lot. Where can you order these in the US? Link?
Thanks!

Search OGK either google or yahoo...brings you the link and ordering ability

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Simon on the forum here sells OGK. I order mine through him and had it in a couple of days from Japan.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!
Search up user simonkobe and send him a PM. ;)

Again thanks everybody for your tips. And if it doesn't meet my expectations I'll have you to blame! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts