Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
It's normal for an inquiry to be conducted into any death. Albeit, Italy isn't known for the strength of its judicial system neither is MCN - the Enquirer of motorcycle mags - known for its accurancy. MCN tends to up the ante a lot. When Honda finally releases that RC-V5 superbike that MCN has been showing spyshots of for the last 4-5 yrs I'll start buying it. Otherwise I wouldn't put much faith into their tripe. Other sites have printed similar statements without stirring the pot in the same manner.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
Julian Ryder said:
The terrible incident at Misano is still generating fallout. The Safety Commission met last night and attracted more riders than usual. According to Valentino Rossi, Race Direction conceded that they should have red flagged the Moto2 race, although Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden weren't so sure the conclusion was that clear cut. However, all the riders I talked to are agreed that there was a consensus in the meeting that if a rider is unconscious or not responding then the red flag. In fact that decision has been enshrined in the protocols for years. Race Director Paul Butler's view is that those protocols (written after an incident at Brno) were followed. And indeed there is a directive that if a rider is unconscious then it's an automatic red flag.
And yet they are still gonna sue the medic... :wtf

·
Registered
78 Posts
Italy has a whole set of rules relative to apportioning blame for a death, unlike the rest of the world. Just ask Frank Williams. It will take many years, but this will ultimately be found to be an unavoidable fatality, with the mortal wounds caused by being hit by the two bikes. They will likely impound all three bikes involved and harass the teams, riders and track workers for quite a while. It is just the way it is in Italy.

Edit: I see that the article mentions FW and the 3 years that he was afraid to go to Italy for fear of being locked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts