Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Looks pretty sick, I actually like it but they're nuts if they think people will rush out to spend just shy of $15K with no traction control. I mean isn't the all new Kawi matched up pretty good to the BMW, meaning abs and TC, at that price point?

I will say they have the hottest wheels I've ever seen on a OEM Japanese bike.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
price is def too high, but I'd almost be willing to pay extra for no traction control or abs. I like my machines raw and simple.
+1

It's like they are shoving Traction Control down everyone's throat. There's no real way to turn it off. Even on the BMW the slick setting will still cut in at some point.

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
i highly doubt ill see any of these CBRs actually sale for msrp.

I can walk into my local Honda dealer today and walk out with a 2011 cbr for 10k today.
Yeah, but your bike is already a year old.:confused: And 1 year old bikes don't win the latest Superbike Shootouts. That's all that matters in the end.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
price is def too high, but I'd almost be willing to pay extra for no traction control or abs. I like my machines raw and simple.

+1

It's like they are shoving Traction Control down everyone's throat. There's no real way to turn it off. Even on the BMW the slick setting will still cut in at some point.

Yea bummer!!! I hated it when they forced fuel injection down our throats too!!! :rolleyes: :p

Have either of you ever road one on the track?

I took the CSBK School at NJMP last yr, trust me, there's plenty of fun factor on that BMW and none of it includes feeling the rear end breaking loose at a buck and a quarter. :D

Unless you guys are 'backing it in' superstars out there, I will never understand the wanting of raw & simple.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
exactly, not sure who here is pushing AND surviving their bikes passed their limits so much that traction control gets in the way.

I for one love the fact that when my right wrist fails to understand that my brain wasnt exactly thinking and gives the jerk command, that theres a gizmo there to catch it and slap it back into reality and ride into the garages in one piece.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
i highly doubt ill see any of these CBRs actually sale for msrp.

I can walk into my local Honda dealer today and walk out with a 2011 cbr for 10k today.
Agreed, can't remember the last time I ever paid attention to MSRP. I'm surprised there is so much discussion around it.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
+1

Mercy Turbo,

You're becoming a but of a luddite. Next thing you'll be saying how pure and raw the ZX7R is compared to the ZX10R with TC. ;)

Seriously, TC is the next thing since there is no point going the bhp route anymore. MGP tech to the masses - remember. We used to get all hot over that stuff back in the day, but it was flatside carbs and adjustable chassis configuration similar to the race bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
lol.

Listen, Let me be clear. I like the idea of traction control. I just want to be able to turn it off. If I do a track day in the wet I'd rather learn how to control a slide then have the computer do it for me even if that means learning the 'hard' way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.