Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't complain about the motorcycle coverage. I've been pleasured with bike racing every weekend since the begining of April. I am pissed about my other favorite pinnacle of racing being given crap delays. That would be F1. The past 2 races have been delayed 1 freakin week. On top of that, they air at 12am.
This is like the best F1 season in a while too. Ferrari is getting their ass handed to them. I will say their F1 Decade show is awesome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the last 2 F1 races have been shown on CBS....the Spanish race was on this morning.
some sort of tv contract thing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, and 2 more to go on CBS, Monaco and Canada.

Personally, I can't stand listening to anyone other than David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Bob Varsha calling F1 races.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Gerg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gerg »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Personally, I can't stand listening to anyone other than David Hobbs, Steve Matchett and Bob Varsha calling F1 races.</TD></TR></TABLE>
+1

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (SP8)

Kimi Raikkonen looked good, I was hoping Alonso would catch him!

Well at least Derek Daly was there today commentating.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody here been to an F1 race? I never have but went to a Williams testing session in England some years ago and was blown away at the mind-boggling acceleration of these beasts.....very high pitched sewing machine sound....lightning fast gear changes......I grew up 20 miles from Daytona and am used to NASCAR heavy thunder.....complete opposite experience...I am hooked on the scream of high rpm machinery......subscribe to Racecar Engineering magazine.....high-tech machinery heaven.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (roadkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by roadkill »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody here been to an F1 race?</TD></TR></TABLE>
US GP, Watkins Glen, Long Beach, Indy
Canadian GP, Montreal
Italian GP, Monza
Spanish GP, Estoril
Monaco GP, Monte Carlo

Got hooked on F1 back in 1966 when my Dad snuck me into the paddock at the US Grand Prix at Watkins Glen and I met Parnelli Jones. He picked me up and set me down in the cockpit of his turbine Indy car on display. I was hooked for life.
Raced sports cars in IMSA, SCCA and club for 12 years back when I was young and had balls. Seeing those same tracks on a litre bike is quite humbling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts