Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
i have owned, or had in my possession most if not all full exhausts for the 51 and i can tell you the headers are not where the weight can be lost.

The OEM header makes great slip-on power as well as helping eliminate about all weight loss possible on our bike. the ONLY reason for replacing the OEM header is for the gains that CAN be had with minor mods and tuning to gain mid to top end HP the OEM can't make or for looks for a particular system or mount you might like

I will say the jardine or arrow or akra 2-1 is lighter but all of them do not make the HP or flow as nice as OEM headers

a all ti will do it but not cheap or easy to find. most fulls are lighter overall from OEM but the savings come from the mids and cans not the header sections

·
Denmark
512 Posts
I weighed my SP1 header when I fitted my Akrapovic.
The OEM headers came in at 6.4 lbs, and the complete Akrapovic 12.3 lbs.
So if Durbahns weight (33.7 lbs) of the complete SP1 system is correct, thats 21 lbs saved, which is pretty nice:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have owned, or had in my possession most if not all full exhausts for the 51 and i can tell you the headers are not where the weight can be lost.

The OEM header makes great slip-on power as well as helping eliminate about all weight loss possible on our bike. the ONLY reason for replacing the OEM header is for the gains that CAN be had with minor mods and tuning to gain mid to top end HP the OEM can't make or for looks for a particular system or mount you might like

I will say the jardine or arrow or akra 2-1 is lighter but all of them do not make the HP or flow as nice as OEM headers

a all ti will do it but not cheap or easy to find. most fulls are lighter overall from OEM but the savings come from the mids and cans not the header sections
im gonna have to side with mrgrn here ,
dyno man here in sydney reckons there isnt much better gains to be had
from using a full system ,stock headers with sato lows are the best for street bikes and make the most gains in his opionion
im not knocking a full akra but unless you have the means to make use of that flow its all just bling pionts,not that theres anything wrong with that.
i know a few comanys pulled their full systems because they made little if any power increase

·
Denmark
512 Posts
I think I lost about 5 hp below 5000 but gained the same above.
To me it doesnt really matter if I have 125 og 130 on the street, and the looks of a full system along with the weightsaving is worth it, in my opinion.

Considering you can make some good deals on full systems, Id say they are worth it. My trade from Akra slipons to a full system only cost me 350 USD

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
most 2-2 fulls gain HP over slip-ons even ssato's above 5000 rpms and proper fueling and maybe a airbox ETC. if you don't plan on tracking the bike it is almost a wash IMO and that being said i have run a full exaust on the street since 2002:D

if you can swing the cost you can't go wrong with a full but the gains are minimal without proper mapping etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.