Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the wake of a law suite against Arizona new immigration bill, rumors have it that Obama is ready to sign a presidential order of mass amnesty.

Conspiracy theory: Just thinking out loud.
New Dems and union activist? It may be his only hope for the re-election of his party.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
He will not do it until the November elections, otherwise it would be even worse for the Democrats than it will be already.

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He will not do it until the November elections, otherwise it would be even worse for the Democrats than it will be already.
Maybe, but look how the health-care reform bill was handled.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
The unions are so far up his ass he looks like he's in a puppet show. Washington won't do anything till a school bus full of American kids gets shot up, THEN they'll blame the LEO's for not protecting them...........:banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Failure of the educational system or just a dumb-ass.

From 620-WTMJ
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee County Board spent part of the day debating a measure that would call for the county to boycott doing business with companies in Arizona.

Communities around the nation have passed similar measures in response to a law in Arizona that makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally.

There was an odd moment during the debate when Supervisor Peggy West stood up and seemed to be confused about her geography.

"If this was Texas, which is a state that is directly on the border with Mexico, and they were calling for a measure like this saying that they had a major issue with undocumented people flooding their borders, I would have to look twice at this.

But this is a state that is a ways removed from the border," West said during debate.

Her colleague, Joe Rice, quickly corrected her, "I just want to assure my colleague that Arizona does in fact share a border with the country of Mexico."

While speaking at the meeting, West did go on to talk about National Guard troops on the border in Arizona. West points to that as she tells us that she simply misspoke.

"I did get a passing grade in Geography in high school and in college and I do obviously know that Arizona is on the border," West said in an interview after today's meeting.

West claims that the point she was trying to make is that because Texas has a much larger border with Mexico, she might feel differently about such a law in that state. "Had Texas come out with the legislation, having the largest border, I think that I would be more receptive to the fact that there was a problem. But having it be Arizona, having it be the second largest boarder and knowing there are troops on the border in Arizona, it didn't seem to me that this legislation was particularly necessary at this moment in time," West said.
The board tabled the measure, taking no action on it today.

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi gog how have you been? :) Good to hear from you again.
I'm not talking about Fox. I'm talking about Janet Nappy. She's been known to misrepresent the truth. Years as Governor of Arizona I pretty familiar with her and her style of public misinformation.

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower have in common?

Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the
deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American
citizens that desperately needed work..

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs
for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million
Mexican Nationals! The program was called 'Operation *******'. It was
done so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs.

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amnesty? Wait for it.... Wait for it.... It's coming....

A whole bunch of undocumented democrats will soon be at a voting booth near you....

Thanks to the regime by twisting the truth and out-right lies about Arizona 1070 the regime is painting Arizona as a racist state.

The can't do attitude of this administration is pathetic and would be a joke if it wasn't so serious.

The statue of liberty is not a statue of illegal immigrants... This country was made great by legal immigration not by hordes of mystery illegals entering this country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/world/americas/03drug.html

President Obama secure our borders.... It can be done and has been done in the past.

Support Arizona

Secure The Border | Support Arizona

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Here's the voting totals for the 1986 Immigration and Reform Act. It was sponsored by Alan Simpson. House and Senate combined:

Dems yes: 41
Dems no: 11

Pubs yes: 17
Pubs no: 23

That was the last amnesty. Sponsored by a Republican but supported mainly by Dems. If amnesty is about getting more voters for Dems why did so many Pubs support it? The simpleton notion that it is all about more voters for Dems doesn't hold up.
FYI, Boxer and Reid both voted against it.

How they voted: key votes on border security and guest-worker/amnesty - page 2

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the voting totals for the 1986 Immigration and Reform Act. It was sponsored by Alan Simpson. House and Senate combined:

Dems yes: 41
Dems no: 11

Pubs yes: 17
Pubs no: 23

That was the last amnesty. Sponsored by a Republican but supported mainly by Dems. If amnesty is about getting more voters for Dems why did so many Pubs support it? The simpleton notion that it is all about more voters for Dems doesn't hold up.
FYI, Boxer and Reid both voted against it.

How they voted: key votes on border security and guest-worker/amnesty - page 2
All politicians are whores in one sense or another. whether it's for votes or partisan allegiance, whatever.

Comparing then and now is incomparable considering all the circumstances. (It's the economy stupid) remember that politico mantra.

The hoops of legal immigration are monumental. Getting a work visa even for highly educated people is difficult.

In less than one election cycle the economy has become unsustainable.

What would happen if 12,000,000 underclass people suddenly became citizens with access to all the benefits and entitlements the US would provide? What would the costs to the economy be? Would we ever recover given the current policies and ideologies?

Reagen made the mistake of amnesty first instead of securing the borders.
Now according to the current administration border security is not possible. (bullshit) or it's the most secured ever. (more bullshit)

In truth it is, this administrations and others (including Bush, Bush and Clinton were not willing to do what it's going to take to secure the border.
I stand by the opinion that this amnesty is for the votes.

FOXNews.com - GOP Immigration Stance Far From Reagan Reforms - Opinion

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Reagen made the mistake of amnesty first instead of securing the borders.
See, I just knew that amnesty was the Republican way of gaining votes.:rolleyes: :D

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Easily Illusioned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 45 Posts