Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on facebook earlier and was disgusted upon reading it although re-posting may not change anything I think a show of solidarity is called for.

NYC Policemen and Firefighters are not invited to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at Ground Zero..... The Mayor claims there isnt room for them. They werent invited on that day in 2001 either. THEY JUST SHOWED UP AND DID THEIR JOB SAVING THOUSANDS!!! Please repost if you think they belong there more than Politicians

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
So there's going to be thousands and thousands of people around, and no law enforcement to be seen? I don't think so.
I don't know if the original post is accurate or not, although it wouldn't surprise me......but I just wanted to clarify there's an enormous difference between 'working' an event and spectating one. If true, Bloomberg can go die in a fire.

·
Street and Track Moderator
3,888 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not either, but I do know this; Bloomberg really sucks!

Matthew

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I don't mind Bloomy that much. Doesn't cave to the shitty Unions as much as all the other morons. Tells it like it is, whether people like it or not. He realizes NY is filled with welfare/unemployment check cashing lazy people so he tries not to cater to them like Obama.

How do you starve an Obama supporter?

Hide their food stamps under their work boots!;)

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Can't imagine NYC ignoring the men and women of those services. I call BS esp. since it was on FaceBook.

·
12,576 Posts
Being that callous, I highly doubt you lost a single soul you knew there.
You're welcome to feel however you want, no matter how wrong you are. Like many others, I was right there that day as I was working at Goldman Sachs at the time. But it was 10 years ago. The families have all gotten $MM's each and it's just time to move on. Reading every name every year is a bit much. We've practically spiraled to 3rd World country status in the past 10 years. It's time to get back to work.

C'mon Racer Bro! Don't be so bitter.;)

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
You may disagree with Jamie's POV but I don't believe Jamie is the sort to outright lie about something so significant in order to make his point.

·
Registered
144 Posts
whether it's the right thing to do or not.....I have seen this bit of info left out of similar posts on other forums....

The 90,000 or so firefighters, police officers, and civilian volunteers who rushed toward the burning twin towers are not invited to the ceremonies on Sept. 11.

Mayor Bloomberg confirmed that the day would be reserved for victims' families. "Family members only will be allowed to walk onto the plaza, look at their loved ones' names, look down into the voids," he said, referring to the reflecting pools in the footprints of the two towers. Bloomberg added, "The first day, it's reserved for those family members who lost somebody on 9/11."

And, in fact, first responders have never been officially invited to the events. But that doesn't make it right, says John Feal, founder of an advocacy group for first responders, many of whom are now battling cancer and other diseases. Feal, a first responder himself, told CNN, "The best of the best that this country offered 10 years ago are being neglected and denied their rightful place."

9/11 first responders left out of 10th anniversary event | The Upshot - Yahoo! News

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Inviting 90,000 people to a small area isn't a great idea. It's already an issue with the families of the 3,000 that died that day. It's the same thing that has happened every year since then, just people trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill.

·
12,576 Posts
You may disagree with Jami's POV but I don't believe Jamie is the sort to outright lie about something so significant in order to make his point.
Racerboy is just butthurt because he's wrong. I don't care whether anyone agrees with me or not. It's ten fukn years people, lets move on and focus on the future because it's not too damn bright anymore.;)

We were probably paying 300 cops time and a half to be there for 10 years now. The cost alone is enough to make it stop. Not to mention there's no longer room for anyone given the construction going on. Some people just need something to bitch about I guess. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
651 Posts
The anninversary has always been about the families, the first responders have their own separate ceremony.... and yes there is not enough room for everyone, so what

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.