·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
DAMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!

Don't miss what happens at 2:23!:eek:

That was an insane video, thanks for posting it. If you have any other links to their annual video's post those up as well.

Since FASTBIKES is a UK publication, that road must be in the UK as well.
Id like to know where exactly and go ride it myself someday. :rockon

Stunna

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
DAMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!

Don't miss what happens at 2:23!:eek:

That was an insane video, thanks for posting it. If you have any other links to their annual video's post those up as well.

Stunna
they are on the right side of the road, they are not in the UK. Looks perhaps like italy, spain, greece from the landscape/foliage to me... just a guess though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Stunna
UK publication indeed, look closely and see they're riding on right side of the road - so UK it's not for sure.
They've done most of their shoots on south of France were the wether is much more welcoming and I reckon this case is no diffrent.

DAMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!
Per your request THE MOST insane riding I have ever seen from FastBikes or anyone else for that matter.
Part 1:

Part 3:

DO NOT miss 1:45 at part 4.

Part 5: which most of us who ride on the street know oh too well
2:15

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks like Italy to me.

He definitely fixated on the side of the road there. Actually stood the bike up and quit turning to make sure he wouldn't miss it. Without that little wall, the outcome would have been much different... :eek:

Eric

·
Banned
472 Posts
8:45 is target fixation... what a nice bike, i love the sb8r.
Negative.
That's pretty much how my first accident went (me being the 996 guy) in a pretty medium paced group rider.

The guy ahead of me low sided on a narrow 2-lane country left handed sweeper. Instead of everything sweeping off harmlessly to the right - he and the bike hit a dirt berm and like a pool table bumper ricocheted him and the bike back across to the left directly in my path.

I stood it up and braked as hard as a could while my only escaped route keep getting pinched off like a funnel. I was going to hit something - no getting around that fact, so I picked the lesser of two evilis (for him) and decided to hit the bike rather than run him over.

·
Registered
226 Posts

Stunna
It's definitely the South of France. The roads there are excellent.

D911 is a road I'll never forget - and the roads over the alps, into Italy can be even better & very scenic too. France is better than Italy for road surfaces though..
I toured there several times, albeit 15 years ago, so it might be different now... doesn't look it though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's definitely the South of France. The roads there are excellent.

D911 is a road I'll never forget - and the roads over the alps, into Italy can be even better & very scenic too. France is better than Italy for road surfaces though..
I toured there several times, albeit 15 years ago, so it might be different now... doesn't look it though.
Been there last summer, what you say is still true.
I'd a bit reluctant on 2 wheels in Italy as the drivers there are a bit how'd you say "enthusiastic" and use both sides of the road for an occasional road racing while defending the local proud.
Felt much better on a 4 wheeler there and it's also much easier to find a partner for the occasional "race back from home" without broken pride or other misbehavior just the shier fun of having a go on public roads.

·
Registered
107 Posts
they are on the right side of the road, they are not in the UK. Looks perhaps like italy, spain, greece from the landscape/foliage to me... just a guess though.
If my memory serves me right they're in France. I haven't watched that one in a while but it's one of their best.

·
calculating status...
1,667 Posts
Ya, they were kinda asking for it, riding like that where there is no runoff. Good they had luck on their side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts