Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my ignorance here, but I have some questions...
What would be involved in converting my rarely used crf450 dirt bike into a supermotard bike that could be used at track days for practice only. I would likely never enter any racing formats, and am entertaining the idea of doing this solely to benefit from the track experience. I know wheels and brakes are necessary, but will the motor in this bike need mods as well ? Where can I shop for wheels and brakes ?
TIA...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Noobie question... (Nero)

Changing wheels & brakes isn't necessarily required. I run my KDX on the track with nothing more than Avon Distanzia tires instead of knobbies. I haven't put on 17" wheels or upgraded the brakes or anything else. You can, of course, go all the way and make the change to SM style wheels & brakes, but just putting different rubber on and hitting the track is a cheap way to get started.

I'll leave the part about the motor up to others to answer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Noobie question... (Nero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nero »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where can I shop for wheels and brakes ?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
http://www.factoryproracing.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Noobie question... (MotoGreg)

supermoto trackdays in Texas? with a stock CRF motor everything would look huge.. specially TWS..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts