Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya guys my my sp1 has died a death (not even had it a year) think i brought a dud the fi light stays on and 2 wires were arking the black/white wire and the red/yellow at the end of the gray ecu connector they touched together and now the fi stays on the bike will crank but no wind up of the fuel pump when you turn the ignition on i have since brought a new loom need an ecu i think as i have now spark either :mad:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
dammm..you need to slow down a bit. Re-read your post a few times. I know because I do the same thing in the past:D

Your ecu might not be bad if you have no spark..check the great box on the right side of the tail fairing. It is your CDI box or converter. It is a solid state device so you can only check if the power is going to that connector. ECU usually don't go bad unless you really fried it.

GL:rockon

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
New ecu well 2nd hand and all primes up but now I have 9 short blinks and the 1 long blink and she still do t start but I've made progress :)

From the sp1 manual:

5-11 - states that you have a MIL code of 19: Loose or poorly connected ignition pulse generator, Open or short circuit in itnition pluse generator wire, and/or Faulty ignition pulse generator.
Tells you to refer to 5-42 to check the coils basically.

If you don't have a manual. There are some free download online which I've forgotten where to get. If not pm me your number when I get home tomorrow I can give you a call. Hopefully, I can walked you through the testing procedure for the coils and of course hopefully you have a DVOM and knows a little bit about using them.

T

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.