Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the ducati has been down now for a few weeks while I waited on some parts from Jason, (who went way out of his way to help me out) Well fast fwd to today and my parts arrived right on-time like he said but due to a mix up on my part the key item I needed was not in the box
well off I go to my local Ducati dealer here in Germany and explain my problem. He tell me the soonest he can have the part is 10 days
me being clearly bummed out ask is there anything you can do I don't care the cost...... well he says hang on..... off he goes into the workshop... he arrives back a few minutes later and tells me to be back in a few hours. I come back to find they have pulled off the "key piece" I needed from a customers bike (tells me don't worry his bike will be in the shop for a few weeks) I pay for the part and and he promptly orders a new one for the other guys bike........... I thank the manager numerous times and I'm on my way...... Now that's what I call customer support!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: No thats customer support! (bruntr)

I'm sorry but if my bike becomes a parts inventory for others while under service, I'm going to be pissed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Good for you bad for the other guy. That happened to me and I was rippen mad. My bike was in the shop for 8 months, during the winter for most of it but when I got it back there was all kinds of stuff messed up with it. Needless to say the guy lost his Duc dealership eventually.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

sounds like theft on the dealerships part to me ...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: No thats customer support! (mh900e0974)

gotta agree with the pack here... the right thing for the dealer to do in my oppinion would've been to take the part off a NEW bike on the showroom floor. if they were expecting the replacement unit 10 days later, no harm no foul.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: No thats customer support! (s4strati)

What strati says, customers bike should not be tampered with.

Good service for you Bruntr but boot on the other foot??!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: No thats customer support! (Monstaman)

could it be possable that they called the customer 1st and asked if they could switch out his used part for a new one and be able to help out a fellow rider?
Seems that if they ask 1st then no problem. I would do it. everyone wins

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: No thats customer support! (knapp717)

That happenened to me once while my bike was in the shop. THey wanted to grab my shift lever and then order me a new one. I didn't have a problem with it and got a brand new shift lever out of it. I would not be pleased had they done it without notifying me however.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is partially unsubstantiated rumor, but there was a certain mechanic back home in SoCal who had a reputation for doing similar things, only he would take the part off the customer's bike, tell you he had replaced the part on your bike with a new one, and then tell the guy he took the part from that he had a bad "XXX" and needed a new one and would promptly charge that guy for a new part as well. I took my bike to him once before I had heard this "rumor" and got my bike back from it's 12K service with a huge ding in the tank. I got yelled at and told to get the [email protected] out of his shop when I asked him about it. Sorry, had to vent... I think it's fine what your shop did so long as he asked the previous owner beforehand. If he didn't I'd be kind of pissed if it were my bike that became the pick-ur-part lot.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: No thats customer support! (blueSS)

I went with a buddy who had a pristine 996 to a dealer in Long Island, NY for a rear tire replacement - that's it. The dealer called and said the bike needed new belts - he told them he only asked them to change the tire and that they shouldn't be doing anything else.

We picked up the bike later that day and something was poking his leg - a snap-on wrench still on the clutch slave - WTF?!? That should have been a clue because later we then went over the entire bike and found several of the battery plugs broken - and some leaking battery acid, pin holes in the clutch fluid tube and a few assorted other problems. He called them and screamed for a while. He filed a complaint to DNA but nothing ever came of it...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knapp717 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could it be possable that they called the customer 1st and asked if they could switch out his used part for a new one and be able to help out a fellow rider?
Seems that if they ask 1st then no problem. I would do it. everyone wins</TD></TR></TABLE>

+1

That's the only way it would be acceptable, IMO.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hank »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I went with a buddy who had a pristine 996 to a dealer in Long Island, NY for a rear tire replacement - that's it. The dealer called and said the bike needed new belts - he told them he only asked them to change the tire and that they shouldn't be doing anything else.

We picked up the bike later that day and something was poking his leg - a snap-on wrench still on the clutch slave - WTF?!? That should have been a clue because later we then went over the entire bike and found several of the battery plugs broken - and some leaking battery acid, pin holes in the clutch fluid tube and a few assorted other problems. He called them and screamed for a while. He filed a complaint to DNA but nothing ever came of it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Now THAT is seriously f*cked up!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: No thats customer support! (AZ Scott)

I had a similar experience

I lost one of those little screw/plugs in the exhaust(748) and called, got the part on order. Then droped by the shop and what do you know they never even ordered the screw

So they then went in the back and produced a screw at no cost to me,
when I asked where the screw came from they replied in the back from one of the bikes.I then said not a customers bike is it.....NOPE........hmmmm makes me think that it sure was a customers bike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: No thats customer support! (brettmess24)

Please tell me which LI dealer that was. I need to know who to steer clear of.
Thanks,
Greg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by knapp717 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could it be possable that they called the customer 1st and asked if they could switch out his used part for a new one and be able to help out a fellow rider?
Seems that if they ask 1st then no problem. I would do it. everyone wins</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I failed to mention that the customer was informed of this, I would have been pissed too had that been my bike and no one ever told me

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruntr »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes I failed to mention that the customer was informed of this, I would have been pissed too had that been my bike and no one ever told me</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh! Well, then, kudos to the dealer - and to the customer who approved it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: No thats customer support! (AZ Scott)

see now everyones happy again... i love this forum...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: No thats customer support! (doughboy_748r)

which dealer in germany??? or, where abouts in germany are you???

i am up north in Berlin!

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: No thats customer support! (Capt. Home Slice)

"Needless to say the guy lost his Duc dealership eventually."

I do believe I know where that dealer was. Quite a clown.

I also second the fact that I would would be extremely P.O'd if I found out they were pilfering parts off my bike to sell to someone else. That is just bad business practice. Take it of the dealer owners or the individuals personal bike that is a different story. BUt just someons bike in for service taht is just plain ludicriouos.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: No thats customer support! (duckboy)

We pulled a coil off of our demo yesterday to take care of a customer

I'm sure I won't remember untill the next time I ride it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts