Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need this fixed quick. Headed to the track on Saturday. I have no rear brake pressure. I have the HRC tube mod and using Motul RBF 600 Factory Line Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid. I'm not very mecanical so give me some reasons what went wrong with my brake pressure.

·
1,061 Posts
Need this fixed quick. Headed to the track on Saturday. I have no rear brake pressure. I have the HRC tube mod and using Motul RBF 600 Factory Line Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid. I'm not very mecanical so give me some reasons what went wrong with my brake pressure.
You bled your brake properly the last time you changed your fluid? You have enough fluid in your system right?

How old is your fluid?

Could be air in the system.

Could be time to rebuild you master and/or brake caliper.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
You bled your brake properly the last time you changed your fluid? You have enough fluid in your system right?

How old is your fluid?

Could be air in the system.

Could be time to rebuild you master and/or brake caliper.
His fluid is new, there was no air in the system after the last time I bled it for him and tested it, but when I was installing his new HRC rear brake fluid reservoir tube I found (3) crush washers under the rear caliper banjo bolt vs. the correct (2) that should have been there.

When I removed the extra washer and bled the system it started to immediately leak. I was unable to maneuver the banjo any way to avoid catching on the OEM caliper guide/guard and therefore was not able to torque down the banjo bolt without the 3rd washer. I believe this was due to an improper line-end fitting on his galfer braided rear line. Since I didnt have an OEM line to replace it with at the time and he was ready to pick up his bike, I reinstalled the 3rd crush washer and bled the system with out any mushiness or fade.

I am thinking this extra washer is the culprit and BB's going to bring it back to my place so I can troubleshoot and repair it for him.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a good stock rear line taking up space in the garage if you need it. Just pay shipping

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
All other things aside, Motul RBF 600 Factory Line Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid, SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I went through a case in 5 weeks of that junk in my front brakes.. Had to replace every weekend..due to unexplainable loss of pressure..sometime twice a weekend..even changed the Brembo MC and still same issues. Changed to a different fluid, not had an issue since in 7 months..

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
All other things aside, Motul RBF 600 Factory Line Racing DOT 4 Brake Fluid, SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I went through a case in 5 weeks of that junk in my front brakes.. Had to replace every weekend..due to unexplainable loss of pressure..sometime twice a weekend..even changed the Brembo MC and still same issues. Changed to a different fluid, not had an issue since in 7 months..
Thats good to know, thanks Preston!

I swap it out with some honda pro-chemicals brake fluid or another DOT4 and rebleed it for him.

Stunna

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Rear brake pressure issue is resolved after replacing the incorrectly made galfer line with the OEM line, new crush washers and bleeding the system with honda pro-chemicals dot-4 fluid.

Mastercylinder, caliper and HRC fluid reservoir all in perfect condition and 100% functional. Had to move your sato rearsets back and up one position to give the line the slack it needed to allow the swingarm its full range of motion without catching on the brakeline.

See you tomorrow at 1 to pick it up,

Stunna

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Threadjack Alert !!!

Your hrc marchis shipped yesterday and your adjusters are in my jacket pocket and will ship today !:D

You may now return to your regularly sheduled thread -over-;)

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Please Send me your fukinng addy for the 100000 th time goddamnit !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts