Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been able to look at it yet, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
2003 rc51, flush mount signals, hotbodies under tail, all stock electronics, not flapperd or pair.
Today I put the upper back on it, the wires fought me, after getting it together rode it around for about 10miles with the high beam on, no problems. Tonight, started it up turned the high beam off about 1/2mile down the road the head lite flickered off then on, then no head lights, just signals and brake lights.
The fuel pump primes, and it will run off a bump (push) start, just nothing when I hit the button.
Thanks for the help

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
Dunno what you mean by the "Wires fought you," but the first thing I would do is recheck all the connections from mounting the upper.

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno what you mean by the "Wires fought you," but the first thing I would do is recheck all the connections from mounting the upper.
they were in the way of getting the upper lined up and bolted

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Have you pulled the upper? Sounds like you may have knocked a connector loose.

You really shouldn't have to fight with the wires that much. Just take it slow and find a place for eveything as you go.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
check the wires from your killswitch pod... you may have jarred a 12v supply wire. your start button disconnects your headlight circuit while also firing your starter relay. it may run from a common 12 volt source. if you either pulled that wire out of the switch or connector it could cause your issues. your killswitch would still function as it is only shorting out two wires from other sources.

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

thanks for all the help.
got the upper off, found that the fork was rubbing on the main wire harness, the one with the gray plug on it, the 2 wires going to both headlight have bare wires:banghead can anyone tell me if theres a fuse and if so where its at. google is not my friend on this one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The fuse box is down on the left side, right beside the large fairing mount bolt. Just undo the bolt and pry the fairing away and you'll see the top of the box.

·
Short Bus Commander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all for the help

it was the 20a fuse for the headlights.
i know i ask for help before digging in to the problem, i need the bike fixed today and i had no idea where to start. thanks for the help:notworthy

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had similar prob with using too long of a bolt in the top bolt of the 3 bolts that combine the upper and side it was wearing a small hole through one of the ecu wires running along the left front...

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I have had similar prob with using too long of a bolt in the top bolt of the 3 bolts that combine the upper and side it was wearing a small hole through one of the ecu wires running along the left front...

LOL.. Damn,... How long did it take you to find that 1? Definitely a good heads up for us, as you just never know, can be the smallest dumbest thing eh! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts