Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a clip from the below link, but summed my thoughts on it as well.

Ron Lieback: What are your thoughts on Rossi riding with Ducati?

Max Biaggi: Well, that was a good move. It was a good move for him because for sure in Yamaha, Lorenzo became the World Champion. He knew he was going to make it because, of course, he also had an injury, but before that he was still leading the championship points and this guy was ready to take the No. 1 plate. So he was thinking about getting out, or to find another challenge, another solution. And Ducati, I think, is good for him. But the other big question mark is, Ducati's already been World Champion once, so it's not going to be rossi to save the -- how to say it -- to save the planet.
Stoner already did it. :rockon
And so he will be only the second to make this kind of a victory if he's going to make next year.
But I'm positive that Rossi, he will make it. I don't know when, but I think he will make it.

Soup :: MMP: Max Biaggi Teleconference Transcript :: 11-19-2010

·
Registered
825 Posts
That's a pretty fair & realistic appraisal from Max especially considering Rossi never passed on an opportunity to beat the guy like a rented mule when they were in the same paddock.

I wish they'd asked him how he feels about the possibility of Rossi doing some wild card rides in WSBK :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Yap yap yap . Not much resentment and jealousy there .:rolleyes: Save the planet ? So what that Stoner won ; does racing history stop b/c of this ? VR wants to win the Championship on yet another bike . And Max makes it sound like Jorge ran Rossi out of Yamaha , but it's just not a good idea to have two #1 riders on the same team .

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Yap yap yap . Not much resentment and jealousy there .:rolleyes: Save the planet ? So what that Stoner won ; does racing history stop b/c of this ? VR wants to win the Championship on yet another bike . And Max makes it sound like Jorge ran Rossi out of Yamaha , but it's just not a good idea to have two #1 riders on the same team .
Huh? Holy Leghumper! :clapper He DID run him out of Yamaha due to sour grapes.:wacky You can't dispute that his temper tantrum about "him or me" ran him off to Ducati. He was LUCKY Ducati had an open seat, like he was lucky Yamaha had one when he stomped his feet at Honda. Without Ducati, he takes a large paycut and also takes a backseat to the #1 rider, Lorenzo. He did not "want to win on another bike" as you put it. He wanted to stay but could not handle the the ego-bruising fact that he would be on equal financial terms to the current World Champion.

And the Stoner point is a great one. The bike is a winner, all he has to do is ride it. He's not saving the World, just going to a proven winner.

·
Registered
240 Posts
And the Stoner point is a great one. The bike is a winner, all he has to do is ride it. He's not saving the World, just going to a proven winner.
Not sure how "winner" of a bike is that.
1st, GP bikes differ quite a lot from each other each season.
Now lets see, while Stoner rode the last version he did win Podiums but he also out ride his bike to the gravel several times.
And over the years he even taken some time off (gone fishing with the wife? :)) for Ducati to sort it out.

2nd, only Stoner was able to make anything out of it.
No Other, not Nicky, not Capirossi, not Bayliss not Biaggi, no one else of these capable riders were able to tame that stallion.

and 3rd, Stoner differ quite a lot from Rossi, in respect to physical dimensions and it's not just weight it's also height and physical strength.

I'm not saying Rossi and Jermy can't tame the beast, just that it's not a as easy as one may think it is.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Hey Jami , I'll admit to being a leghumper if you admit to being an angry closet case .:p 1) You make it sound like no one wanted a 9 time World Champion , and a rider who's achieved as much as he has is justified in giving the team an ultimatum ; anyone else would have done the same thing . 2) You claim he was "LUCKY" that Ducati had a spot for him ; that's funny 'cause they would have fired JC himself to get Rossi ! 3) I didn't say VR would be saving the planet , jealous little Max did . 4) The D16 wasn't an automatic winner this season like you imply , and if you think all the teams don't have to make significant changes to the bikes for next season in order to progress , get an edge , then you're more delusional than you sound . Remeber that for example a fork adjustment of 1/10 mm alters the handling of these finicky beasts , let alone new parts . 5) Are you a mind reader because you seem to know for a fact that VR didn't want to win a Championship on yet another make even though he has mentioned for years that this would be great ?

·
12,576 Posts
5) Are you a mind reader because you seem to know for a fact that VR didn't want to win a Championship on yet another make even though he has mentioned for years that this would be great ?
He would've stayed if they gave him the money. So MONEY was more important than "winning on another brand".:rolleyes: Him eluding to winning a Championship on another bike turned out to be leverage so they would release Lorenzo but it backfired cuz they kept the faster rider. Without Ducati, where else could he have gone and even had a remote chance to win? Nowhere! If they would fire JC himself to get Rossi, why didn't they do that the last time his contract was up?:wacky

Hey, u think Rossi is a real doctor? I bet you do!;)

·
12,576 Posts
Not sure how "winner" of a bike is that.
Look it up, it had some DOMINATING wins this season where it was UNTOUCHABLE! It certainly would've had more if the rider was able to keep it out of the gravel cuz he just can't ride within his limits. But if Rossi wins a race next season, it'll be all his masterful development skills, right? :clapper You people will act like the bike wasn't capable of winning or hasn't won recently. You know it's coming and it's hysterical to see it starting already. Keep the offseason laughs coming.:rockon

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
If someone comes up to you and ask, "Big Jami, why are you a angry closet
case? the answer is "I'm just a tiny little guy on a straight pipe Harley."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts