Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Lions Head Racing couldn't close their deal with Carey Andrews from Hyper Cycle to race a SuperSport/Superbike team with John Haner.
I talked to Haner and he's getting freaked out.
I wish John could have gotten a reliable ride this season.
Anyone got $200,000 laying around?
I think he would be a sponsors dream?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: No Haner in 2005. (MacMan)

that's a shame he was one of the top privaters i remeber in Barber he chased Hayes and EBostrom, i think he passed EBostrom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Damn, that sucks for John.

He is one of the smoothest riders I've ever seen. He does not move at all on that bike when leaned over. Amazing!!!!!!

It's strange that you posted this thread. I was watching my tapes with AMA races on it and was admiring his riding style.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

http://venus.13x.com/roadracin...11565
----------------------------------------------------------------
2/12/2005
Hey, What Happened To John Haner And Hooters Suzuki?

Copyright 2005, Roadracing world Publishing, Inc.

A press release issued yesterday announcing Hooters Suzuki's 2005 rider lineup included the notable absence of John Haner, who rode for the team in 2004.

Roadracingworld.com called Haner and asked him what happened.

"I had to give the team (Hooters) an answer, they couldn't wait for me, and we were working on another deal," said Haner. "It was a decision we had to make, and then the other deal fell through.

"It's not dead yet. We're still working hard on getting everything going. I have hope. We should definitely be at Daytona.

"It's just money. We have all the rest of it. I just need to find eight to nine guys with $10,000 each who are willing to sponsor the team."

Interested parties can contact Haner's manager, Bill Syfan of Proforma, at 817-244-8552.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Bummer.... But why did he pass up a solid ride so late in the game to chase something that wasn't a done deal?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: No Haner in 2005. (JeffKoch)

Haner had several mechanical issues last season including a couple of engine failures. Why would you have Super Stock engine failures? The team was underfunded with regards to equipment.
The Hooters deal is also a "pay for your spot" team and John told me he felt he rode better than the bike last season. The Hyper Cycle deal would have given him faster machines with a proven builder/manager.
Carey Andrews builds quick bikes.
Some a little faster than the AMA rules allow. :)
Nicky's 600 one year was torn down and found to be massaged for Super Sport when he rode for Lions Racing/Hyper Cycle.
Either way John had a few "deals" that would of could have should have come through and didn't. He came real close to being on the Jump 23 team along side Jason but Rapp got the knod. Maybe something will still come through, keep your fingers crossed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If i was close to John i would tell him to search in UK or Spain for a team with a litlle la=uck he can end up as privater in WSBKs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: No Haner in 2005. (Giannis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MacMan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He came real close to being on the Jump 23 team along side Jason but Rapp got the knod.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have an exerpt from that meeting.

(unidentified team manager) "Uhm.. Mr Jordon we need to make a decision on the Number 2 slot on the team"

(Michael Jordon as he lights up yet another 3 foot long cigar) " hey where the hell is my IPOD?"
(unidentified team manager) "Of all the candidates it is between Haner and Rapp"

(Michael Jordon now spinning his putter around while trying to make his head phones stay on his rather shiny head)" Rap, yea I like Rap,... .(now mumbling) ---"Can't stand that gangsta shit though"

There ya have it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It kind of sounds like you burning some bridges for Haner here. If I was John Haner, I don't think I'd want the Hooters people to read disparaging remarks about Hooter's Suzuki being put in his mouth. Maybe he wouldn't care.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MacMan »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Haner had several mechanical issues last season including a couple of engine failures. Why would you have Super Stock engine failures? The team was underfunded with regards to equipment.
The Hooters deal is also a "pay for your spot" team and John told me he felt he rode better than the bike last season. The Hyper Cycle deal would have given him faster machines with a proven builder/manager.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as Hooters being an underfunded team,yes to a point.The owner thinks all the money that comes his way is his personally.As far as the manager goes,I personally know the crew chief Mike,he is an awesome guy,and awesome at what he does,but has only so much to work with.I think Carpenter Engines built engines for them.Anyways,Mike is back with them this season,but I don't know who the other rider is,if there is one,to take Haner's place,besides Eric Wood.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No bridges burning here.
The owner spends the money from his sponsors on other things than the bikes and the mechanics pay. John had nothing but good things to say about the crew/team manager.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two time AMA Superstock champion, Jimmy Moore is the other rider on the Hooters team. I got the chance to ride with Jimmy this past Sunday in New Mexico. Jimmy Is a super nice guy who wants to put his injury problems behind him and have some good results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: No Haner in 2005. (BALLS)

I had dinner tonight with John and hopefully the Hyper Cycle deal might be resurrected. If not, look for Haner in FUSA and some AMA events.
You will more than likely see some LSTD decals on his Suzukis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts