Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes. I just did the 15 toth front sprocket and now no clutch. It doesn't have any lever pressure. the engaugement rod is in the slot. Its almost like the rod is
jammed or not reaching the pressure plate. I didn't remove the clutch cover. Any ideas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: no clutch (EvilTwin-05)

Id bet you have air in the lines now and need to bleed them. When you remove the sprocket cover the clutch slave piston ends up moving out and all the fluid falls down into the lines so when you put it back it sucks. Just bleed it and youre back in buisness. Ive done this several times. Fastest way is to remove the clutch slave and use your hand to push the piston all the way back in forcing all the air/fluid back up the line then put her all back together. You may need to play with the lever a little to get all the little bubbles out but I guarentee thats it. Just bleed her in whatevere manner you feel comfortable doing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a better now even though I couldn't get these solutions so i pulled the clutch cover all was well. You both are correct the fluid did drop in the res. and sucked air. I did all the right things by pushing the slave cylinder during reinstall but I must be getting really damn slow in thes grey years. It still got in. I thought I was better than this. SHHHH don't tell the wife.... or the girl friend. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (EvilTwin-05)

I think most of us had to re-bleed after having that cover off, don't be too hard on yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts