Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Ben loses his ride with Renegade Honda and Eric is prolly gonna be replaced at Austin Ducati......so what's the deal with these boys? Can't seem to hold down a job. They were entertaining and super fan friendly so they will be missed by almost everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think they might be spending a little too much time rock climbing, cycling, etc..

-Agreed, that it would be too bad if neither of them were around. We have to live with the attitude of racers like Yates. It's never good to see a person who is decent with the race fans go.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
roadkill said:
So, Ben loses his ride with Renegade Honda and Eric is prolly gonna be replaced at Austin Ducati......so what's the deal with these boys? Can't seem to hold down a job. They were entertaining and super fan friendly so they will be missed by almost everyone.
Well, Eric turned down Ducati's offer so he must have something lined up. Or he really hated that Ducati!

And I'm guessing Renegade needs someone to blame, but weren't they still building their first racebike when the teams showed up for the first race this year? As someone smarter than me said, "It's hard to win the race when they're still assembling your bike in the truck on the way to the track."

I'm still holding out hope that the Bostrom brothers will be racing Red Bull Yamaha's in the AMA, but it's been awhile since that rumor has been mentioned. I'd love to see the Bostrom brothers teamed up against the Hayden brothers for a season. That would be fun. Of course it won't happen, but whatever. It is a good idea.
:twocents

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm still holding out hope that the Bostrom brothers will be racing Red Bull Yamaha's in the AMA, but it's been awhile since that rumor has been mentioned. I'd love to see the Bostrom brothers teamed up against the Hayden brothers for a season. That would be fun. Of course it won't happen, but whatever. It is a good idea.
I agree with this. I am and have been a big bostrom bros. fan. And like it was said before. Eric turned ducati down, not the other way around. And with him doing that he must have something lined up. Too bad factory yamaha won't come up to superbike(espacially since it is going to be the premeir class until 2008)

OH wel we'll see

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ben hasn't been the same since Leeann Tweeden...:eek:

It would be pretty sweet to see both brothers racing in AMA Superbike again, on the same team or otherwise. I just hope someone fast and consistent ends up on the the other Austin Duc.

Jeff

·
Registered
320 Posts
Jeff H. said:
I just hope someone fast and consistent ends up on the the other Austin Duc.
Eric is great with fans. I met him quite a few times and he was always really cool.

I know this is waaayyy far out there. But has anyone heard anything about Troy Bayliss? Would it be possible that he might decide to take a road trip around the US for a year or so riding that empty Ducati spot?

My fingers are crossed, and I'm picking all the four leaf clovers I can find!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts